Man Dies After Doc Takes Lunch During Kidney Op

Flashermac

my question was in jest :)

answering your question is easy, many times they took justice into their own hands and killed wrongfully their own innocent people, certainly after the liberation in 1944.....to this day, some families are still waiting for official amnesty for some of their parents or grandparents.

BB

Cool. Just making sure. :D

Back to the original post.

This story apparently made the newspapers.

I'd like to know how the story made the newspapers.

Beyond that.

"Mistakes" happen in hospitals more frequently then folks probably know.

Many incdents do not make the newspapers.

The big question is, whatever happened to the guy who died medically (RIP), would it have made a difference if the doc etc had been there?

Rightful death = natural causes surely.

From the story we got here, the attending had very little or no experience with the equipment, and when the man had an emergency she accidentally turned the respirator off... and that's what killed him.

From the story we got here, the attending had very little or no experience with the equipment, and when the man had an emergency she accidentally turned the respirator off... and that's what killed him.

i worked most of my time in medicine in A/E(Emergency Room)but i did spend a little time in the operating rooms.

some ops are quick and simple while others are certainly not.

obviously i don't know the full details of this patients operation but if deemed long then normally a 2nd team would have been on stand-by to take over from from the opening surgery team as fatigue will surely set in after a few hours.

but surely a team taking over will be very aware of what was needed doing and a have a handover mid operation.

i would find it very strange that the medical and nursing staff had problems with any of the equipment in an operating theatre.

Archived