Dubliner Closed

The_Munchmaster

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect that changes are on the way for Soi 22, but then I would have said that in 2008 and it still looks much the same, albeit with a few more highrises. Wa Sq had the axe hanging over it for many years before the wrecking ball finally started swinging, and that massive vacant block down past the school showed no sign of any development in 2011. Bit of an eyesore, if anything.

Not a fan of the endless rows of highrise on 24 but I guess that's progress.

RM,

Shhhh about our favorite seafood restaurant, they don't need to advertise its all on word of mouth.

For Western food at a reasonable price there is a small Shophouse on Suan Phlu Soi 8 called John's Diner, typical Thai style BBQ outside, plastic chairs etc but the Chef John is the daytime Chef at Sukothai Hotel so the same standard of food at a fifth of the cost.

RM,

Shhhh about our favorite seafood restaurant, they don't need to advertise its all on word of mouth.

For Western food at a reasonable price there is a small Shophouse on Suan Phlu Soi 8 called John's Diner, typical Thai style BBQ outside, plastic chairs etc but the Chef John is the daytime Chef at Sukothai Hotel so the same standard of food at a fifth of the cost.

Ha, yes they sure do not need to advertise, still I'm happy to share, and indeed thanks for the one on SP8. I don't often get that far but might just drag her over that way soon as I get home. Well not straight away, other things to do first like!

RM,

Waay too late for that Mekong - I've already spread the word on the Patts forum and all the guys agreed that we should make that place our new get-together location for those occasions when we want to really impress our Soi 6 Tilacs ! Nothing like a minibus full of perverts rocking up with their LBFMs to really kickstart your night, is there ? :neener:

• 4 weeks later...

Just read this in Stickmans column today,

"The rumour that The Dubliner might be relocating to Sukhumvit soi 33/1 has turned out to be accurate. The new location of the popular Irish pub will be on soi 33/1, between the Royal Oak and the Robin Hood at the mouth of the soi. The new Dubliner will take up three floors of a 3-shophouse wide venue meaning it could be double the size of the original venue. With The Londoner at the mouth of soi 33, that makes 4 British pubs within a stone's throw of each other. I bet they all wished they had the location of the Robin Hood though, which seems to do the best trade of them all, which I put down almost entirely to its location."

I don't think the Oirish will be very impressed at Stick classifying the Dubliner as a British pub! :closemouth:

I don't think the Oirish will be very impressed at Stick classifying the Dubliner as a British pub! :closemouth:

How many "Oirish Pubs" have you been too that are Irish Managed outside of Ierland?

I can think of two, Molly Mallones for a few months a couple of years back when "Mad Mick" took over from Mark before moving to Soi 8 Bar and the "Irish Rover" just off the Castellana opposite the Bernabau in Madrid.

FYI, I never went to the Dubliner so I have no knowledge of the Nationality of the management.

Mekkie and Munchie!

could you enlighten the ignorant board on the differencies between a British and a Oirish/Irish Pub? Are there other types like Scottish, Welsh etc. Pubs. Or do different counties in England have different pub types

for me as a ignorant continental european they look pretty much the same....

the management guys i met in the Dubliner did not speak Oirish, but that's quite some years ago I went there the last time...

Mekkie and Munchie!

could you enlighten the ignorant board on the differencies between a British and a Oirish/Irish Pub? Are there other types like Scottish, Welsh etc. Pubs. Or do different counties in England have different pub types

the management guys i met in the Dubliner did not speak Oirish, but that's quite some years ago I went there the last time...

an Irish pub abroad is normally a themed pub with memrobilia in the place and selling vastly over-priced Irish beer.

no different to an Aussie themed bar selling Fosters or XXXX.

i like Molly Malones in Patong for their Kilkenny stout,such a different drink from the bland lagers on sale everywhere,but so expensive.

but hey,why not treat yourself once in a while?.

Mekkie and Munchie!

A Welsh pub?!?!?!? :unsure::wacko::shakehead

Archived