Dubliner Closed

The_Munchmaster

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From todays Stickman column:

Popular Irish pub The Dubliner had a soft opening at its new location in Sukhumvit soi 33/1 this past Friday but when I walked past earlier today it seemed closed...

Does Stick know if it really had a soft opening on Friday or is he just basing his statement on the above notice, coz it certainly didn't look to me as if it would have happened. :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...

Went back about 6.30pm and it was heaving. I stayed until about 9pm and I reckon it was even busier then. Of course this may have had something to do with the free beer, which I didn't know about until after I got there. Guinness ran out at 7.45pm and they were telling everyone it would be back on in one hour, however they were pouring again in 30 minutes. Fortunately for me I got a fresh pint just before it ran out and the new stuff was online just as I finished that pint. :beer:

Can't tell much about the bar (except it's big) coz it was so packed I couldn't see anything!

In Vientiane now so I'll visit again when I get back.

Went back about 6.30pm and it was heaving. I stayed until about 9pm and I reckon it was even busier then. Of course this may have had something to do with the free beer, which I didn't know about until after I got there. Guinness ran out at 7.45pm and they were telling everyone it would be back on in one hour, however they were pouring again in 30 minutes. Fortunately for me I got a fresh pint just before it ran out and the new stuff was online just as I finished that pint. :beer:

Can't tell much about the bar (except it's big) coz it was so packed I couldn't see anything!

In Vientiane now so I'll visit again when I get back.

Please write a trip a report about Laos! :wave:

• 7 months later...

Went to the Dubliner tonight for a bite to eat, walked in the front door and about 2 seconds later turned around and walked back out again!

The noise level of the band was waaay OTT, there was no way I'd have been able to hear myself eat and I don't know how those inside trying to have conversations could possibly hear each other. :shakehead

Wasn't sure where I was going to go instead but as I passed the Robin Hood, which isn't a pub I particularly like, I noticed that they were showing The Ashes so I stopped for some dinner and a few beers. Tried the Chicken Tikka and rice, nothing wrong with it but nothing special about it either. Heineken pints were B100.

Crazy day of cricket. After being bowled out for 215 the previous day, England had reduced Australia to 117 for 9 only for the Australian 11th man, on his debut, to score 98, the highest score by an 11th man in the history of test cricket!! The Aussies were eventually all out for 280, a lead of 65.

Archived