Review - 'the Passage' By Justin Cronin

gobbledonk

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just putting this here to remind myself to use the T360 clickthru to order 'The Twelve' tomorrow. Absolutely cannot wait for the second instalment in the trilogy.

I just finished the audiobooks version of the passage. After around 2/3 of the book I got bored and stopped listening to it for 2-3 months. I have picked it up recently again and can't wait for "the twelve", but the audiobook version isn't out yet.

The GL finished the Passage the other night - absolutely loved it and will be picking up the twelve when released. She's anxious the third part (it's a trilogy right?) will be a way off though.

Not sure how far away the third one is, but 2 years between instalments isnt bad IMO. Cronin wrote the story which formed the genesis for The Passage after his 8-year old daughter challenged him to write a story about 'a girl who saves the world'. He claims the plot elements came together quickly - I expect that there are thousands of writers out there gnashing their teeth at that revelation - and he soon realised that what he had was too good to be 'just another short story'. Happy to read that he has resurrected a character from 'The Passage' for 'The Twelve' - I have always thought that if I had to go out in an apocalypse, be it zombies/vampires/Mormons, I would want to be the guy in the skyscraper with s high-powered rifle and thousands of rounds. Come get some. :evilpumpkin:

I have always thought that if I had to go out in an apocalypse, be it zombies/vampires/Mormons, I would want to be the guy in the skyscraper with s high-powered rifle and thousands of rounds. Come get some. :evilpumpkin:

I just saw the new "Resident Evil - Retribution" at the cinema, but no Mormons in there. Some had black suits, but not on bicycles... smirk.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived