Patong Hotel

Horneytorney

i didn't notice :closemouth:

the expat hotel is good and right in the thick of bangla

as you turn left out of Bangla walking from the beach the gay area starts about 150yds down the road.

i stayed at the Expat in 05 and while adequate would not stay there again.

as you say great location for any action you want.

so what do YOU recommend then?

Lamai Inn

you want a pool,sorry has not got one.

but a great location within 5 mins walk of the beach and Bangla Road and all ameneties within a minutes walk....ATM's/Familymarts/Spa/Hotel taxis if required/motorbike and car hire if you want it.

i've posted this somewhere else before but i highly recommened it.

room are large(if you don't mind the noise from the road then ask for any of them numbered 205-208/305-8)

rooms have a computer and printer and a plasma TV in each room so something to keep you occupied.

i pay 700bt a night in low season and i love the place.

have a look on agoda and then put in the hotels name.

i would recommend the hotel but each to their own.

thanks Sayjann

where is this Lamai inn located? guest friendly?

very guest friendly,no problem at all with as many ladies you want to take to the room.

a pool across the road if you want it in another hotel and unless you keep a low profile and are not spotted then free to people sneakink in,otherwise it used to be 100bt an hour.

Lamai Inn might not be your ideal choice as only a 2* but located just across the road from Cristins Massage parlour which every local knows.

as i say easy walks to wherever you want to go if that's your thing,but hire of vehicles available.

it's not too far enough away from the main action but there is so much to discover within a minutes walk.

i would recommend it as a 'budget hotel' but the staff and facilities are top standard.

• 4 weeks later...

a couple of years ago, only the high end hotels charged joiner fee. I remember I once stayed at the Impiana direct at the beach and they charged 500 THB for joiner.

now it seems that all middle to high end hotels charge. checked Thara Patong and Patong Beach Hotel, both 4 star hotels and both at beach road (thaweewong road) and they both charge 1500 THB (!) per night as joiner fee.

i finally booked a 3 star resort: Tropica Bungalow http://www.tropica-bungalow.com/

even they charged joiner fee but only 500 THB, which I did not mind as then I only booked single room which comes 300 THB lower then double

best of the hotel is it's location: at the beach road and only 50 meters from Bangla

booked a 4 for 3 promotion at 3990 THB, so less then 1000 THB, which is quite a good price for a 3 star hotel, even during rainy season

room was clean and large with balcony

breakfast buffet good for this level and included

they have a swimming pool, but not too big and chairs

talked the reception into extending the internet fee for one time 100 THB to all 4 days (actually 5 with arrival and departure days)

setback was that construction was going on (during the day); so it was a bit dusty and noisy in some areas of the resort

so saved a bit on accommodation but spent then 25k in 4 nights on drinks and chicks

so if some board member knows a mid end accommodation (3 and 4 star) with no or modest joiner fee (maybe 500 THB) I would be interested.

but 1500 THB I am definitely not going to pay to the greedy hotel owners!

Patong is still a nice place to go for a 3-5 days trip; combines a nice beach and clean sea with some nightlife

Archived