On The Freedom To Offend An Imaginary God

Flashermac

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seem more intent on killing someone else than sacrificing themselves

Great point gobble. Of all those calling for sharia law (be it in Oz, US, UK, Europe wherever) - I wonder how many have ever actually lived under sharia law? I'd say the penalty for damaging private/public property, assault police and resisting arrest under sharia law would be a lot harsher than the "stern talking to" they get down here.

Condell is great. Look at the comments from Muslims in response. He is stupid, uneducated, racist, a dog blah blah blah. Not one single thoughtful response from those he is talking about. How does one deal with people who are still in the Dark Ages and insist in staying there? They make the Christian fundies look good ... almost. :hmmm:

maybe the real anti-islam movie is the one no one speaks about = its 29000 people killed in Syria over the last 18 months......

I totally reject that - you are talking about a conflict where a dictator is prepared to literally destroy his country rather than surrender power : it has very little to do with religion. The FSA kiss the Quran before going into battle, and they clearly believe that their cause is just, but this isn't Sunni vs Shi'ite Muslims : its a tyrant vs his own people. Another basketcase in the Middle East, and the Israelis still want to see stealth bombers pointed at Tehran. Beam me up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syria#The_uprising_and_the_Syrian_revolution_.282011.E2.80.932012.29

Archived