Internet Tv In Thailand

Gadfly

Apologies if this has been covered before (I did a search but could not find anything), but does anyone have experience with internet TV here? I know Sony sells an internet TV and I know there are various services such as hula and amazon that provide content, but I am wondering (a) if any of those services are available in Thailand; (B) what are download times (I am over in the Thonglor area). Any suggestions or helpful links would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Gaddy,

Quite an open question, most TV's now have Internet connectivity either via a wireless dongle (waste of money IMHO) or hard wired LAN from your router.

As for availability, again that is down to the restrictions imposed by the provider, personally I use a VPN to "fool" UK based websites to think I am UK based and get full access to both streaming and play on demand feeds.

If in Thonglor I expect you have a minimum of 9 up 0.5 down connection, Internet TV can stream at 2.5 without buffering for flawless playback.

Any more specific questions pls be more specific.

Kong

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this has been covered before (I did a search but could not find anything), but does anyone have experience with internet TV here? I know Sony sells an internet TV and I know there are various services such as hula and amazon that provide content, but I am wondering (a) if any of those services are available in Thailand; (B) what are download times (I am over in the Thonglor area). Any suggestions or helpful links would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I guess you are talking about this kind of service??

http://www.iptv-thailand.com/

I too would be interested to know how good it is? I'm not sure how legal it is either?? There are similar services like UK-TV (I mention on another thread that works great when I tried the free demo). There is also Thai-Expat TV which can be run from software only on a PC but they are very UK centric (who wants to watch that crap if you aren't from there?!).

This IPTV seems intriguing. I'm wondering whether to buy the box as it doesn't come with software only version, but worried the service goes tits up and I'm left with useless box.

Any experiences with IPTV Thailand anyone??

Archived