Extended Visit, Visa Expires

The_Munchmaster

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been to Vientiane before so would rather somewhere different, however pls explain "and get a real 60 day tourist visa".

Have you ever been to Angkor?

If not go NOW. It's one of the most amazing places on earth, but it's being slowly turned into a major tourist destination with all the tourist junk which comes with this.

3 days is perfect to explore the main temples and maybe go to the country side (Bantey Srei, Kabal Spean).

It's easy to fly there.

A long time ago (10 yrs), the FCC did really good Peking Duck

The FCC is one of my favorite places in PP. Sitting at the balustrade having a really good Coffee Latte and watching the Mekong flow by.

The FCC is one of my favorite places in PP. Sitting at the balustrade having a really good Coffee Latte and watching the Mekong flow by.

A little bit pernickity Kamui, but the stretch of river in front of the FCC is actually the Tonle Bassac (Bassac River) shortly before it connects to the Mekong.

The FCC was good but its location meant it was very noisy at night / early hours of the morning, at least it was if you had the balcony room that I did.

IMG_4588.jpg?t=1349950392

IMG_4586.jpg?t=1349950329

Slightly strange setup, the reception is a hole in the wall under the stairs which lead up to the main bar / restaurant, which is on the second floor, while access to the room I was in and one other room was via an open stair (usually filled with beggar kids) on the right hand side of the building, meaning getting to the restaurant when it was raining meant getting wet.

IMG_5009.jpg?t=1349953351

My room was good with firm but comfortable bed, nice bathroom with rainshower and high speed wifi. A few niggles such as electronic safe was locked open and the manual key they gave me didn't work, someone knicked the make up room sign from my door one day so room wasn't made up and no batteries in TV remote.

IMG_0345.jpg?t=1349952981

IMG_0352.jpg?t=1349953035

IMG_0350.jpg?t=1349953084

The bar restaurant on the second floor was very nice and the food was good including the pizzas as Huumlaar mentioned.

IMG_4563.jpg?t=1349950628

IMG_4543.jpg?t=1349953543

IMG_4574.jpg?t=1349950672

• 4 months later...

Archived