Thais Prefer Booze To Milk

Flashermac

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife and her 3 children have never drank a glass of milk. And the eldest daughter wonders why she has bad teeth and her bones are brittle. On the other hand, my 4 year old loves it and drinks it every day, as I do. After comparing thai milk to U.S. milk, I can see why Thais don't drink it, both on taste and price.

Many Asians lack an enzyme to digest milk properly.

Some studies in the U.S. and elsewhere suggest that milk consumption by lactose intolerant individuals may be a significant cause of irritable bowel syndrome.

Most mammals normally become lactose intolerant after weaning, but some human populations have developed lactase persistence, in which lactase production continues into adulthood. It is estimated that 75% of adults worldwide show some decrease in lactase activity during adulthood. The frequency of decreased lactase activity ranges from 5% in northern Europe through 71% for Sicily to more than 90% in some African and Asian countries.

http://en.wikipedia....ose_intolerance

Did it occur to u that they may not be drinking alcohol? That tequilla may be water!

That would be of course preferable. hmmmer.gif

But the last BG I had closer contact to, told me that they start the evening with a bottle of wiskey for to 'warm up', and in fact the next day, when I arrived at the bar around 5pm I saw a BG walking in with a bottle.

Archived