Thais Prefer Booze To Milk

Flashermac

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked to order Irish Coffee in the 1980s at the Tiara pentouse restaurant at the Dusit Thani Hotel, in part just to watch them prepare it at your table. My wife watched in fascination too. May have had something to do with Irishman Danny McCafferty being the GM.

Myself and a group of friends had Christmas lunch at the Tiara restaurant every year from 1992 to 1998. I particularly liked Santas little helpers. :hubbahubba:

I spent Christmas 2004 back in Bangkok and again we went to the Dusit Thani, however by then the Tiarra restaurant was now a fancy French restaurant called D'Sens. Can't say I was impressed. :sad:

Myself and a group of friends had Christmas lunch at the Tiara restaurant every year from 1992 to 1998. I particularly liked Santas little helpers. :hubbahubba:

I spent Christmas 2004 back in Bangkok and again we went to the Dusit Thani, however by then the Tiarra restaurant was now a fancy French restaurant called D'Sens. Can't say I was impressed. :sad:

I haven't been there in years. The view of the city from the Tiara was fantastic, tallest building in Bangkok and you could see in all directions. I imagine all you can see now is Lumpini Park. Same with La Rotonde, the revolving restaurant at the Narai Hotel. It turned as you dined, giving you a 360 degree view of the city. Nowadays the Narai is surrounded by high rise buildings on 3 sides. :p

Archived