• Last Reply

have not been for a while...

interested in nice lunch set menus up to max 500 pp

and fine dining in particular italian and french cuisine

anybody been at the relatively new

La Bottega di Luca

Le Vendome

Le petit Zinc

Have spent a fair bit of time in Bkk recently, but conditions have not favoured gourmet dining.

I think you are cutting it too fine in expecting "Fine Dining" at 500 Bt pp

Most decent Pub meals come in at 350 - 400 Bt per plate these days

There is a French place in Soi 8 that does a set Lunch menu (with choices) for (I think) 690 pp.... on the left past Det 5...can't remember the name....Garden setting...and I know Soi 8 is not Upper Suk

I really like Antonio's...on the Green Route....a good Italian lad from South Australia....but a tad more than your quoted budget

Cheers DS

the 500 pp is just for the set lunch; then add some more for a or some glass(es) of wine etc. For dinner it is of course more

In other areas Gianni's, Zanotti and Aubergine for example have a 3 course set lunch for under 500 THB and it is very delicious and certainly deserves the title "fine dining"

have been at Antonio's years ago shortly after it opened. Without doubt the best english speaking Italian in town but re food there are better ones IMHO

with the one in Soi 8 I guess you mean la colombe d'or (formerly le banyan) http://www.le-banyan.com/

how did it survive the change of ownership?

upper and lower Sukhumvit? can be found in many guidebooks and on many websites. The area along Sukhumvit is partitioned into lower (Nana - Asoke) and upper (Asoke - Thonglor, sometimes Ekamai) Sukhumvit, then Thonglor, Ekamai, Pra Khanong and On Nut. Other differentiate into lower, middle (Asoke to Soi 71) and upper (from Soi 71)

So my drunken exploits in and around Soi 22 have, in fact, been 'upper' Suk ? I know I was in hi-so territory that time I had to dash into the loo on the top floor of Emporium to throw up after a night of excess. :neener:

The developers are steadily 'gentrifying' rogue Sois like 22 - I guess its conceivable that it will all be one big agglomeration of very expensive highrise along every side Soi from Asoke to On Nut. Best enjoy it while its still semi-feral. :evilpumpkin:

Archived