Unidentified Westerner Found Shot Dead In Saraburi

Boo Radley

@baa99, nice try with the immigration lol & they indeed do verify the address themselves - NOT! the well known option anyway to avoid address reporting is to re enter the country prior to extending the permit to stay (often referred to as a visa) :elephant:

@kamui, I would hazard a guess it may be easier to hide out somewhere local in bkk area as there simply are so many people in a vast area than say a small city or village where easier the word could get around (to the village heads) where to new farang or so and so farang might be living or doing his rounds... :confused:

anyway the risk of loosing further face by being convicted for murder is hopefully a big enough reason for the miso/hiso to stay out of trouble as indeed the police can indeed solve crimes even against foreigners :)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was surprised to learn that one of my very cute university students years ago was the daughter of a murderer. It seems her father had had a dispute with a local MD. He drove by one day, walked into the house and shot dead both the MD and his wife!

Unfortunately for him, the couples' 5 year old son saw it and hid under a table. (Had he seen the kid, he'd have killed him too.) The murderer drove away and tossed the pistol into a river on his way home. The terrified child went running to the neighbours and told what he'd just seen. The murderer managed to escape the death penalty, but the family had to sell everything they owned to pay the lawyers.

To this day, the killers' family is shunned by people who know what happened. Thais have long memories in regards to such things.

1hz0b6.jpg

Pic of Duvel's wife and the gunman.

Later reports described the gunman as the adopted son of the wife's mother and he apparently worked as a journalist on a local paper. He said he hid in the back of the car while the mother drove and Duvel and his ex-wife were passengers and shot him from behind.

No mention of any life insurance policy yet.

So they were caught within about 3 days of the murder. Seems the Thai police can be quite efficient in bringing people to justice unless it's a politician or hiso.

http://m.thairath.co.th/content/region/295780

http://www.patrolnews.net/?p=94151

The wife's mother is driving the car? And her adopted "son" is hiding in the back of the car and shoots this guy. And the mother's daughter and adopted son are charged with murder. Any charges against or investigation of the mother?

This sounds premeditated, meaning some serious planning went into this. Also, is the mother claiming she didn't know what was going on? Her adopted "son" is in the back with a gun waiting to kills a Farang. I guess that is possible, but...well, we can say that getting in car with his ex-wife when his ex-wife's mother is present would seem safer.

Here is one possible explanation: the guy seems like he has some money. Perhaps he is not rich, but he is the country manager for a legitimate company. He presumably had a decent (perhaps sizable by Thai standards) bank account. The money flow from this guy to his ex-wife and her family (because the family is almost always in the background seeking money from the "rich Farang) is going to dry up because if he gets custody.

I would be looking at bank accounts, life insurance and anything to do with money. This really smells like another cold blooded murder of a Farang for money.

Hi Gadfly,

There was a bit more in today's BKK Post. It says the mother may become a state witness. I don't know any more than that :dunno:

...Mrs Kacharin and her half-brother Surasith have been charged with premeditated murder, while her mother will become a state witness, police said...

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/315617/foreigner-killed-by-wife (05/10/12)

Hi Gadfly,

There was a bit more in today's BKK Post. It says the mother may become a state witness. I don't know any more than that :dunno:

...Mrs Kacharin and her half-brother Surasith have been charged with premeditated murder, while her mother will become a state witness, police said...

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/315617/foreigner-killed-by-wife (05/10/12)

Police said Mrs Kacharin admitted she lured Duvel to his death, offering him the chance to see his son.

Her half-brother was the shooter, police said. Mrs Kacharin had planned the murder with her mother and half-brother.

Wow. I don't know either, but it sounds pretty ugly. She planned the murder with her mother and half brother (lover).

I wonder how often this happens without the story ending up in the Bangkok Post? Farangs committing suicide by jumping off of buildings, putting plastic bags over their heads and then handcuffing their hands behind their back. The good news is that this is coming out. The bad news is that these sorts of implausible stories are not uncommon and are too often treated as suicides.

The courts really need to hand out some tough penalties for these sort of crimes against foreigners to stop this sort of thing becoming more widespread.99 years behind bars or even the ultimate punishment might send out the right message.I suppose sticking to the old maxim of " always be worth more alive than dead " would offer some protection. :chinaman:

so you mean that a murder of a foreigner deserves harder punishment then the murder of a local?

99 years in prison or death penalty for a Farang, a fine of 3000 Baht for a local. What about a African, Middle Eastern or Indian?

It depends on the continent I would say. stirthepot.gif

Archived