Detox

sayjann

i have admitted my problem and knew i need help and sought it but have been pushed from pillar to post the last week or so.

mu GP has been wonderful as well as a nurse who i have known for 20 odd Years and i was refered to an indendence clinic and off i went.

the 1st person i spoke to seemed not to think i needed any sort of treatment.

the problem was i was honest with her questions when i said i did'nt get hangovers,wake up with the shakes or sweating a lot.

anyway sent to another clinic and it was the wrong place..... :cussing:

but i spoke to another person and i answered the questions the way i thought she liked and she was impressed and said it seemed i need treatment and i will probably be admitted to a clinic for detox and chats.

the place would be for 8 days confinement with me probably locked up 24 Hours a day and chained to a bed,but it's a start.

but obviously no guarantees it will work for me..... :scared:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Luck Sayann! In times of weakness just remind your self that even Mekong did it. cover.gif

kamui,

No need to duck, it's a true comment.

What helped me was that as soon as I had had my talk with my "Addiction Psychologist" and he decided I was right to go into detox I was not given much time to think about it, I left his office in a Wheelchair and 10 minutes later was in a Private Hospital Room commencing my treatment.

He started me off on Morphine and Diazipan (Valium) I didn't have a clue where I was for the first two days but sure as hell didn't need a drink. Day three he cut off the Morphine and started reducing the Diazipan, I was allowed to be taken outside by a porter to sit in the rooftop garden and have a smoke and by day five he told me "Hospital Food is Crap, Go out for Dinner if you Wish" and after nine I was given a bag of Diazipan and I was released.

What made it easy for me was I was not in a "Prison Cell", in a Private Room, full internet access and UBC plus the fact that my Girlfriend was able to stay in the room with me so it was akin to staying in a Hotel Suite but having Nurses instead of Chambermaids and a Doctor instead of a Concierge.

I was actually surprised at how easy it was to be honest.

For the Record, the best ever EUR 5,000 I ever spent.

My '8 months clean and sober' has been remarkably easy, but I cant wait to get back to LOS and undo all that good work. Not making light of any of the posts above, but I can drink like a fish for 3 months then not touch it for months at a time - 9 months between trips is my previous record. Particularly odd when both parents had problems with alcohol (to the point of our day in court) and this town is full of pissheads. Even in LOS, one nasty hangover leaves me gun-shy for at least a week. I miss Thailand a lot more than I muss alcohol, but I have to admit that the two go hand-in-hand. Sitting in a bar with OJ night after night would be pointless. I don't smoke (again, courtesy of my parents' woeful example), so I might as well join a monastery if I give up drinking.

Mekong, I know you are only in Patts during the week, but I struggle to think of a more adverse location for someone with issues around alcohol. :eek:

Archived