Detox

sayjann

My friend in Germany is self-employed and has to buy healthcare insurance, so not free for him and his family! The monthly rates are not as high as the USA but they are up there.

I didn't say that it's free. But you won't spend a huge part of your wealth in the years before your death because you are chronically ill or so.

Another matter is of course inheritance tax e.g. and but this depends on each country. But your relatives will have to pay it (or not) regardless of your age... tombstone.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cost of private care homes for the elderly here is extorsionate - £40 k/year.Better to give it all away to Nok/Noi/Lek etc and let the state pick up the bill for ones final years :twocents: or better still retire to LOS where £ 40k would get you some expert " care " from some attractive ladies :cheerleader::hubbahubba:

The cost of private care homes for the elderly here is extorsionate - £40 k/year.Better to give it all away to Nok/Noi/Lek etc and let the state pick up the bill for ones final years :twocents: or better still retire to LOS where £ 40k would get you some expert " care " from some attractive ladies :cheerleader::hubbahubba:

I saw a docu about some Germans/Swiss guys just doing that. They had a constant but small pension and needed daily care. In Germany they would end up in a depressing nursing home where they would just get basic care, but would mostly be confined to the nursing home for the rest of their life. They moved to LOS, hired a TG 24/7 and had a really decent life until death (one of the them died while they filmed the docu).

Here in USA, nursing home typically costs $100,000 per year (3,000,000 Baht). This is not covered by health insurance in most cases. My mother-in law has been in one for about 3 years now. Her savings are wiped out from paying the nursing home. The way it works in the USA is that the government will step in and pay your nursing home bill once your savings are spent. The average stay in a nursing home is about 2 years; and typically, a person would not have the funds necessary ($200K) to pay it all.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm getting seriously pissed off.

to the clinic this morning for an appointment with the main man.

only he's not there on a Monday,so why the fuck book me an appointment with him.... :angryfire:

i was asked if i had filled in any of the required forms and i just sighed,i've filled in 3 sets of the bloody things and am still no further ahead in knowing what is going on.... :banghead:

but i did speak to one of the staff of the detox place who happened to be visiting and she's given me the phone number of the person at the clinic so i can call her and find out what's going on.

all this pissing around is enough to drive a man to drink.... :drunk:

finally...... :elephant:

have talked to a couple of people over the weeks but today attended 2 group sessions and i quite liked it.

listened to ther people with alcohol and drug problems and while i learned things i had the chance to talk out and that helped.

and it helped with people giving me advice about how i might help myself.

the centre is open 6 days a week and many sessions and i will try to attend them all for a couple of weeks and make a good impression with the staff.

it seems all my travelling expenses will be re-imbursed and i can get 4 sessions of free acupuncture treatment a week which has been recommended.

of course there is no guarantee this will work but other 'clients' have told me to go for it.

i felt very comfortable during the day and was made very welcome by all and sundry.

hopefully a first step to some sort of recovery.

I'd say UK - sayjann generally writes of his daily adventures when he gets home

yes,in the UK.

it seems a pretty good programme but i will have to show willing as getting into detox can take up to 8 weeks.

the paid expenses will help as it means i will not have to drive and risk getting done for driving with excess alcohol.

but some of the sessions are very early and i don't really do mornings but i have to go with it.

on my first visit we had breaks and some of us went outside for a smoke and chatted away and i was made very welcome by some of the people who have been going for a long time.

this could be fun but i'm dreading Fri and Sat as the sessions last for around 7 hours and then the travelling will be a pain.

but at least i will be off the sauce for a long time and i know i will drink in the evening but for not as long as i would if i had been at home allday.

One of the high-end audio sites I frequent is run by an eccentric Polish guy who routinely gets to play with gear costing upwards of 20K USD - nothing out of the ordinary at that end of the market - and his punchline is 'overpriced unless you are a German dentist'. If I had a toothache in Germany, I would get on a plane ....

Archived