Detox

sayjann

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

had my first acapuncture session today and quite strange.

i know it will take a few sessions to get into it but not what i expected.

2 needles inserted in my ears and ambient music played as the group went through a series of exercises.

i did get relaxed and at with one certain exercise i did feel the 'Chi'.

but very uncomfortable with the chairs we use with neck and backache setting in and i was not sure if i was allowed to shift around a bit to relieve the discomfort.

obviously no benefit today but i will keep up the 4 sessions a week and see how it develops.

but i left relaxed and feeling kinda upbeat.

roll on tomorrow.....

• 1 month later...

well i'm into detox on Fri(7th)for 8 days.

no laptops allowed but internet access is allowed certain times of the day.

but i don't know wether there will be blocks on certain sites so i might be off the radar for a week or so.

i know most of what the regime is about and funnily enough i'm looking forward to it.

the first 3 days are the worst but i will be full of drugs to combat any problems.

see you soon.

On day one you will probably be put on a Morphine drip, 50MG of Diazipen (Valium) and of course Vitamin B supplements.

The morphine will be reduced over the first 3 days and day four just on Diaziipen and Vitamin B Supplements, your dosage will be decided by your consultant depending on how you are feeling at the time.

Once you are discharged you will probably still be on Diaziapen and Vitamin B supplements and still see yiour consultant as an out patient for a couple of months with Diazipen prescribed to be taken when you feel the urge to take a drink.

When I went through mine 18 months ago I was surprised at how easy and painless it was and wished it was something I had done years earlier .

I am not teetotal but I have my consumption under control, I have not touched any spirits since, I never have a drink at home of during the day, I am quite happy on soft drinks if out during the day. I enjoy an occasional glass of wine with dinner and maybe a couple of Pints if in the bar of an evening watching sports but not every day, some weeks 2=3 nights and then I can go for over a month without touching a drop, I am on a lot less than the recommended maximum of 21 units / week and no more binge drinking.

Now I was a guy who was waking up and having Vodka and Orange for breakfast at 7 AM, hitting the bar at 11AM and leaving 13 hours later at 2AM on a daily basis when between projects.

I believe that you have made the most difficult decision in recognising your problem and seeking professional help for it. We may not see eye to eye on this forum on occasions but I do wish you the best of luck and 2013 being a new start for you.

well i'm into detox on Fri(7th)for 8 days.

no laptops allowed but internet access is allowed certain times of the day.

but i don't know wether there will be blocks on certain sites so i might be off the radar for a week or so.

i know most of what the regime is about and funnily enough i'm looking forward to it.

the first 3 days are the worst but i will be full of drugs to combat any problems.

see you soon.

Good Luck!

On day one you will probably be put on a Morphine drip, 50MG of Diazipen (Valium) and of course Vitamin B supplements.

The morphine will be reduced over the first 3 days and day four just on Diaziipen and Vitamin B Supplements, your dosage will be decided by your consultant depending on how you are feeling at the time.

Once you are discharged you will probably still be on Diaziapen and Vitamin B supplements and still see yiour consultant as an out patient for a couple of months with Diazipen prescribed to be taken when you feel the urge to take a drink.

I believe that you have made the most difficult decision in recognising your problem and seeking professional help for it. We may not see eye to eye on this forum on occasions but I do wish you the best of luck and 2013 being a new start for you.

i actually had detox before without my knowledge,2 weeks in hospital with a multitude of pills but no drips..

on my discharge not even my doctor was told what i was being treated for but he gathered what it was by the drugs given to me on my discharge.

i had no education before or after my 'treatment' and lapsed because i knew no better.

i have attended a centre for the last 7 weeks with people with the same problem and i have learnt so much.

the staff have in the past had their problems so know a little of what thay talk about.

compared to some of the other 'clients' i don't think i have a major problem as some of them are drinking 2 bottles of spirits a day.

i learnt a lot at the centre and took as much in as possible and over time greatly reduced my alcohol intake over the weeks.

it may not sound a lot to others but i'm down to about 4 litres of strong cider over 3 days.

but i know my liver is really damaged and i just want to stop drinking altogether.

when i have done this detox the only thing that can stop me never drinking again is me and i am determined to be strong and beat the illness.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess thinking drinking a liter+ per day of hard cider is not much drinking says it all. You made a wise choice to face up to the problem. :bow:

well i'm out after ny detox.

alcohol detox is normally quite a short period of time and i feel top of the world.

i was in a residential place and not allowed out for 3 days but after that as long as there was at least 2 of us we could go down the local walks.

the medication worked wonders and i actually had a great time,roughly 18 of us in their for alcohol and narcotic detox and it was like we were a family.

obviously strict rules apply but also quite relaxed,just the boredom at nights as hours of nothing to do.

met some great people and tears flowed when people left.

i got lovely hugs from the girls when i left.

but there were a couple of lock-downs due to misbehaviour.

2 people thrown out for having sex,others thrown out for drinking and quickly discovered as regular breathtests performed.

it may not sound much but i have now gone 9 days without even a craving for a drink.

i used to walk along the drinks aisles in the shops and i never had any thoughts of wanting a drink.

put on 19 pounds due to the fantastic food and i feel so good.

but the hardest part is still yo come,detox is easy,but it's now down to ME to carry on staying off the booze.

we used to get a special herb drink at night and i would sleep for a full 7 hours,i cannot remember when i slept so soundly.

bought some of the drink today and will carry on taking it.

the only downside was that in any large group of people you get the idiots who fuck it up for others.

i liked it there and i almost asked for a few more days extended stay but decided not to.

i very very happy and comfortable at the centre.

got home and found out i had a months backdated benefit placed in my bank account and a £460 tax rebate.......happy days.

anyway the upshot is that i feel like a new man......

Archived