Detox

sayjann

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hopefully on Monday i will get the news i can go into a clinic and have treatment but i definately need to know if i can get out of the place and have a cigarette.

i'm getting seriously pissed off.

to the clinic this morning for an appointment with the main man.

only he's not there on a Monday,so why the fuck book me an appointment with him.... :angryfire:

i was asked if i had filled in any of the required forms and i just sighed,i've filled in 3 sets of the bloody things and am still no further ahead in knowing what is going on.... :banghead:

but i did speak to one of the staff of the detox place who happened to be visiting and she's given me the phone number of the person at the clinic so i can call her and find out what's going on.

all this pissing around is enough to drive a man to drink.... :drunk:

...I have made it very clear in other threads that I have no intention of becoming another zombie shuffling around Big C - if I wanted to join the walking dead, I could do that right here in the nanny state. It doesn't have anything to do with my 'wellbeing in the hands of Thais' or 'losing it' - its an acknowledgement that I have no intention of reaching 65, much less 75, and that has been the case cine my 21st birthday. My father had Parkinson's Disease and dementia - by the time he died we were all strangers at the end of his deathbed. No thanks.

Plenty of good times well before that, though - lets try to concentrate on the positives, shall we ?

My thoughts are similar to yours. When I get to a point where I have to wear diapers because of a chronic or a terminal condition, that would be the end for me. The Hemlock Society recommends using Helium and plastic bag for the final exit. A typical person accumulates wealth until the final two years of life and them spends it all on healthcare when the quality of life is the lowest. It shouldn't be that way. By leaving a little early, there would be less suffering and more wealth can be passed on to your loved ones.

I live in USA. Are you saying that a typical person in Europe is living day-to-day and not accumulating wealth? This is the way it is in the third world, not Europe. If so, Europe is in bad shape. I should short Euro.

No, I think what he is saying is that in Europe you would accumulate the wealth, but then NOT spend it all on health care the last two years, because health care is free.

Two caveats apply.

First, some of the European countries are looking at seriously confiscatory taxes, aimed squarely at the "wealthy". France is about to raise the capital gains tax to somewhere north of 60%. If your "wealth" is in stocks, then, when you try to cash in, 2/3 of it will go to the French government. Wealthy French businessmen are starting to emigrate in droves as a direct result.

Second, just because health care is free doesn't mean you'll actually get it. There have been quite a number of articles over the past several years, from high up in the UK health care establishment, about whether health care for the elderly is the best allocation of resources, since those people going to kick off soon anyway. Far better to spend it on youngsters who will have many years ahead of them to pay taxes. (The idea that the oldsters have already paid their taxes somehow never occurs to these people.)

Archived