Patong - Nightlife Outside Bangla Road

Horneytorney

going soon after a couple of years absence

Bangla is always very tourist focused with aggressive ladyboys, touts and lazy bargirls. had made better experiences in bars outside Bangla. what is still there.

I think the bar area on Sawatdirak road (close to Thara Patong) is gone, what about the bar area on beach road, around 300 meters north of Bangla? any others?

going soon after a couple of years absence

Bangla is always very tourist focused with aggressive ladyboys, touts and lazy bargirls. had made better experiences in bars outside Bangla. what is still there.

I think the bar area on Sawatdirak road (close to Thara Patong) is gone, what about the bar area on beach road, around 300 meters north of Bangla? any others?

my god there are bars everywhere,i rarely drink anywhere near Bangla at night.

walk down Bangla to the beach and turn right,many small intimate bars around and some in small complexes where a good time can be had.

or walk up from the beach and at the end of Bangla turn left and in about 300 yards there are so many bars to be found and cheap food outlets but most bars will have a menu from a restaurant they use and you can order food delivered.

a good meal can be had for around 150bt.

but i will recommend a place to visit in Soi Seadragon off of Bangla.

called Tum's Bar,no food,no women available unless you make the point of making it plain you want one of them.

but a great band who play every night from around midnight who play music from all era's and encourage requests from the customers.

and many tourists and locals will request a song and then get up and sing it themselves.

i've had many a good night in there totally destroying my choice of song with my terrible voice.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

There are smaller, much more low-key areas of beer bars on Karon and Kata beaches, which are the next beaches south from Patong along the coastal road.

totally agree,some good quieter places to be found.

only problem is many tourists on a night out cannot be bothered to travel to other beaches by taxi,tuk-tuk or bus.

and if you hire your own transport then you might be at risk from other factors.

but the good news for people like me is that the small,quiet bars away from the main tourist areas are more intimate and such fun.

Archived