Brand New A380 For Tg Arrived!

Horneytorney

last week the first A380 of total 6 planes arrived and TG started on saturday with regular flights. It's name is Sri Rattana

On sunday I flew out from Bangkok in Business Class on this A380.

first time that TG offer full flat seats in Business Class; I was quite impressed! a real progress.

you can get some pictures and detailed description here: http://www.ausbt.com.au/review-thai-airways-airbus-a380-royal-silk-business-class-seats

Currently they fly in the morning to Hongkong, return to Bangkok and fly then in the evening to Singapore with return before midnight. This is more like a trial period and it was obvious that the service was not yet optimized as it should be. From mid december they will use it on the routes to Frankfurt, Paris and Narita (some claim Sydney instead of Narita but we will see).

In the beginning they planned to go use it for the Londong route but they changed their mind.

First and Business with 4 seats each row on the upper deck and Economy with 2/4/2 on the whole lower deck and in the tail of the upper deck. Here is the seatplan: http://www.seatplans.com/files/Seat-Plans/Thai-Airways/Thai_A380-800.jpg

they have over 500 seats, more than any other of the 9 Airlines that already fly with A380

don't be so negative, Cavanami!

boarding and deboarding is pretty smooth as it happens on two levels!

a 747 and a 777 arriving at the same time causes a longer queue at immigration as one A380

and there is still fast track for biz class in TG (in opposite to most other airlines where you queue with cattle)

do they offer fast track in and out in Bangkok?

Yes and they also provide limo transfer to the airport and from the airport to your hotel / residence.

the stopover in the middle of the night (from and to Europe) is a big setback for me, but I heard the duty free offer a big range of cheap Cuban cigars. true?

Yes, the range of Cuban cigars in Dubai is excellent and they are waaay cheaper than the paltry selection available at Swampy.

don't be so negative, Cavanami!

boarding and deboarding is pretty smooth as it happens on two levels!

a 747 and a 777 arriving at the same time causes a longer queue at immigration as one A380

and there is still fast track for biz class in TG (in opposite to most other airlines where you queue with cattle)

A very important question for eco class passengers is, if Thai will keep the very comfortable seat pitch.

Regardless, for those flying FRA-BKK the upgrade will be substantial, since the currently planes are really, really old - they even lack in seat entertainment systems.

A very important question for eco class passengers is, if Thai will keep the very comfortable seat pitch.

Regardless, for those flying FRA-BKK the upgrade will be substantial, since the currently planes are really, really old - they even lack in seat entertainment systems.

scroll down on this facebook page and you will see some pictures from economy: http://www.facebook.com/pages/THAI-Airways-I-FLY-TG/108121652602014?ref=stream

Archived