Holiday Recommendations?

adanac

Hello, I have travelled to Bangkok and Phuket as a single male 5 or 6 times but not recently. I will be in Asia for 6 weeks with my parents, aunt and uncle. They have never been to asia and im the tour guide. Where would you take them to see asia? In Thailand and possibly Cambodia, Loas, Berma, Vietnam? Specifically what citys will they enjoy?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All depends on what you all want to do, and how able bodies your family is. I took my mother and grandmother to Bangkok, ChangMai, Phuket and another island some time ago (they were 50 and 75 roughly) and they had an absolute blast.

As you know, the islands are great. If they are able to a bit of bush walking may be on the cards up north or even in the national parks down south near Phuket (Khao Sok?) If they are a bit on the older side and less able I'd avoid the temptation to travel around too much and let them kick back and relax on the beach for a bit.

Laos is very pretty and I'm sure they will enjoy it there - quite laid back and the weather is a bit milder if you are going in hot/wet seasons.

Cambo and Vietnam I hear fantastic things about (the good lady's mother went to Vietnam some time ago and loved it as well - probably about 65 when she went.) I haven't been though.

Not sure what there is to see in Burma, I'm sure it's worth a look though.

My mum and grandma were treated like royalty wherever we went, and they both still talk about it and say it was the best holiday they have ever had - and they've been to a lot of destinations.

Enjoy.

If they are interested in historical sites Angkor Vat is well worth a visit.

I agree with a visit to Cambodia. A flight to Phnom Penh is a short one. Beautiful city laid out by the French. A tad run down presently. Good shopping in one of the two open markets.

Saigon is another good visit. The Rex Hotel or ones nearby provide some of the older charm of the city. First class hotel right down town.

When I visited Cambodia - the US dollar was currency used.

In Vietnam the Dong is unit of currency. Keep current on the conversion rates in Vietnam. The numbers can be staggering.

Archived