Rolling Stones Concert Tix Will Go On Sale This Weekend

Flashermac

Exclusive: The Rolling Stones will indeed play 50th anniversary concerts. And I am told they will go on sale this weekend–maybe as soon as Friday. Ticketmaster will handle the sales. All hell is going to break loose, too.

What I’m told: confirmed dates are November 26 and 27 at the O2 Arena in London. December 15th and 16th are set for the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. The dates for the Barclays Center in Brooklyn are coming, but not agreed to yet.

This column was first to break the Prudential Center news two weeks ago. We were also first to tell you about Barclays and O2.

So what’s been the delay? Money, money, money. The Stones want it. Richard Branson is putting up $25 million to make all this happen with concert promoter Paul Dainty.

Once all the London-New York shows are sold, look for more dates. You know that Los Angeles and a few other big cities are guaranteed in 2013. It’s only rock and roll, but we like it!

Meantime, HBO has a premiere scheduled for the Stones documentary “Crossfiret Hurricane†by Brett Morgan set for November 13th in New York.

My link :yay::chili::tuxedo:

I thought he split his time between Oz and Bangkok?

That was my understanding too. International man of mystery.

FWIW, a few of the talking heads here have claimed that Keef's biography is an excellent read : for me, he is the most interesting of the lot. Grew up with a guy who was a hardcore Stones fan, but I was always more interested in Led Zep/Sabbath etc musically, but the biggest surprise from that era is the number of drummers who cite Keith Moon as an influence - the guy died before some of them were even out of short pants. Richards did everything humanly possible to join Moon in 'Rock'n'roll heaven', but he's still with us. A true survivor.

Moon was known for dramatic, suspenseful drumming—often eschewing basic back beats for a fluid, busy technique focused on fast, cascading rolls across the toms, ambidextrous double bass drum work and wild cymbal crashes and washes. He is mentioned in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as one of the greatest of all rock and roll drummers,[2] and was posthumously inducted into the Rock Hall as a member of The Who in 1990. Moon's legacy, as a member of The Who, as a solo artist, and as an eccentric personality, continues to garner awards and praise, including a Rolling Stone readers' pick placing him in second place of the magazine's "best drummers of all time" in 2011,[3] nearly 35 years after his death.

That was my understanding too. International man of mystery.

FWIW, a few of the talking heads here have claimed that Keef's biography is an excellent read : for me, he is the most interesting of the lot. Grew up with a guy who was a hardcore Stones fan, but I was always more interested in Led Zep/Sabbath etc musically, but the biggest surprise from that era is the number of drummers who cite Keith Moon as an influence - the guy died before some of them were even out of short pants. Richards did everything humanly possible to join Moon in 'Rock'n'roll heaven', but he's still with us. A true survivor.

Moon was known for dramatic, suspenseful drumming—often eschewing basic back beats for a fluid, busy technique focused on fast, cascading rolls across the toms, ambidextrous double bass drum work and wild cymbal crashes and washes. He is mentioned in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as one of the greatest of all rock and roll drummers,[2] and was posthumously inducted into the Rock Hall as a member of The Who in 1990. Moon's legacy, as a member of The Who, as a solo artist, and as an eccentric personality, continues to garner awards and praise, including a Rolling Stone readers' pick placing him in second place of the magazine's "best drummers of all time" in 2011,[3] nearly 35 years after his death.

I mentioned this event several months ago....:neener:..

Yes boys i split between OZ and BKK.....hope we get some dates or will have to travel to see the worlds best ever rock bands final concert...:neener::neener:

The book is indeed a worthwhile read, pretty much sells him as a regular dude warts n all. Of course he has a pitch to sell but its done well enough and doesn't detract from being a good read if that's your sort of book. Definite recommended read.

BTW, did we have a "Books I'd buy" thread?

Archived