Oz Govt Now Immunising Boys Against Hpv

gobbledonk

It's the same vaccine that in NZ, they've rolled out to protect girls against cervical cancer.

When it was suggested that it be used on dreaded males, the whole system had conniptions and even when I raised the possibility amongst my friends and associates, I was treated with disdain for raising the possibility that the health system treat males equally....

They also don't see the need to do much about prostrate cancer, as it seems females don't suffer from this.

If this seems like a misogynistic rant, well it may be, but the dollars spent in NZ on Female vs Male health programs speak for themselves.

Hold the phone and cancel my calls .... I dont know how long it will take to make this available to humans, but the sooner the better if it's what they are claiming it is. Go you good thing.

My link

MELBOURNE researchers have developed cows' milk that can defend human cells against HIV.

The next stage is to test the effectiveness and safety of the milk before making it into a cream which will hopefully allow women to protect themselves against contracting the virus during sex, without relying on men.

It came as a new report today showed the number of HIV diagnoses in Australia had grown over the past decade, with an 8 per cent spike in new cases detected last year.

Lead researcher, University of Melbourne's Marit Kramski said they vaccinated pregnant cows - which cannot contract human immunodeficiency virus - with an HIV protein and studied the first milk produced by the cow after birth.

Dr Kramski said this first milk, called colostrum, produced milk high in antibodies to protect its newborn against disease.

The researchers were able to inhibit the virus from infecting cells when combing the virus cells with milk.

"We think the antibodies bind to the surface of the virus and blocks the protein which needs to be freed to get in contact with human cells - like a key and lock system. If the key's not accessible or you change the key, you can't open the door," Dr Kramski said.

"It's a very cheap and easy way to produce a lot of antibodies."

Dr Kramski said they had partnered with Australian biotechnology company Immuron Ltd to develop the milk, and would continue working with them to produce a preventative cream.

But she said a cream or gel could be a decade off.

Hold the phone and cancel my calls .... I dont know how long it will take to make this available to humans, but the sooner the better if it's what they are claiming it is. Go you good thing.

My link

MELBOURNE researchers have developed cows' milk that can defend human cells against HIV.

If that pans out it would indeed be a major breakthrough.

Archived