Tailor Shop - Opposite Nana Hotel

unit731

The tailor shop opposite the Nana Hotel outside bar.

When did that close down?

A month or so ago. Someone paid Bobby Raja a lot of baht to move to Soi 8, rumored to be 12MB. The owners of ZenBangkok are paying 500-600KB in rent. They would have to sell a lot of beer and lady drinks just to pay the rent. The Zen bar is owned by the people that own Mercury Bar.

Rumors about this bar, Nana Plaza and the biker bar (Crossed Pistons?) in the Rajah Hotel: the lease on Nana Plaza was bought for 25Million USD and the Outlaws were supposed to manage it and collect the rent but they were not doing their jobs so the renters kept paying to the old owners. The Crossed Pistons manager, who was an Outlaw, said the Outlaws had no part of his bar. He was killed a few weeks ago in a motorcycle wreck.

zen

• 1 month later...

Stickman claims that several of the bars at the front of NEP are now paying '7 figure' rents each month. I dont have the current conversion on a million baht into USD, but that is some serious rent in anyone's language. He also claims that there is pressure on the bars to raise everything from drink prices to barfines, but that Golden Bar is holding out. Given that I dont know anyone who can confirm or deny any of the above, I'm passing it on for your entertainment. :D

Archived