Tailor Shop - Opposite Nana Hotel

unit731

yea, it is pretty good. Probably more expensive than some others, but the quality I have got there (since I first started in 1998) has always been top notch. It is better to know what you want....they will typically add details like actual button holes on suit coats, fill lining on pants, different colored coat liners, cigar pockets, monogram shirts, you name in the jacket, etc for free...but you need to know to ask.

It's on Sukhumvit just past the entrance to Soi 8.

I was there about half an hour ago and received a Heineken while browsing the materials.

Was busy, mainly Americans.

Ordered 3 trousers and 4 shirts so we'll see what the quality is like next week.

PS They're closed from 28 Dec to 3 Jan inclusive.

Picked up my order yesterday. Looks good and nice quality. Got another Heineken, which was colder than any beer I've had in a bar. :beer:

Very noticeable walking past the other tailor shops on my way to Cowboy how devoid of customers they were compared to Raja's. There must be about 15 of them between Rajas and Asoke and most of them were empty and a few had one customer. So Bobby must be doing something right. :up:

From memory, he didnt employ those annoying bloody touts to stand outside the business sprouting complete shite like 'Nice shirt, sir !' ......

My earliest memories of LOS are of the Indian tailors and their persistent touts. Others will bitch about the '10-baht Tuk-Tuk tour' or somesuch, but those touts stuck in my mind from day one, and they just dont get any better in other parts of Asia. Love Indian food, but the tailor shops leave me cold. I wish Bobby every success if he can continue to do business without the dreaded touts.

Amazing how the number of tailor shops keeps increasing - when a shop becomes vacant ( in the tourist areas ) you can almost guarantee that an Indian tailor will take over - at this rate its only a matter of time untill they take over completely :grinyes:

My 'I'm not a racist, but ...' inner demons are running rampant atm - *some* Indian men seem to be every bit as desperate as Farang punters believe them to be. I absolutely dont want to see more of these guys wandering around 'my' nightlife destinations in Asia.

Indian gang rape victim dies in Singapore Hospital

http://www.news.com.au/world/rape-victim-battles-against-the-odds/story-fndir2ev-1226544830526

Indian gang rape victim commits suicide after Police refuse to prosecute the rapists

http://rt.com/news/india-rape-victim-suicide-969/

Don't even get me started on the 'honor killings'. Parts of the sub-continent seem to be as firmly stuck in the Middle Ages as Afghanistan - the difference is that Afghanistan isn't on its way to becoming an economic superpower. God help us all.

Archived