A Surprise Return

sayjann

Maybe I'm just ignorant on the definition of "flaming" - but being criticized, or advised what you did or didn't do was wrong; isn't that what a discussion forum is all about?

For the record I think intervening when someone is in danger is an admiral quality, and should be encouraged. You may save a life one day, people now seem to be more inclined to "pretend they didn't see it" than help. Crimes (and I'm not just talking about Thailand) are being committed in broad daylight in front of witnesses and people just aren't intervening or helping others anymore. It's sad.

People advising against helping others in a situation would be more out of concern for your well being than anything else, as Thais can be a funny lot.

it seems i should have done this or not done that,said this or not said that.

Again - that's not flaming, that's a discussion. What would you prefer? People replying with "good post" or "good story" rather than discuss it?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the record I think intervening when someone is in danger is an admiral quality, and should be encouraged. You may save a life one day, people now seem to be more inclined to "pretend they didn't see it" than help. Crimes (and I'm not just talking about Thailand) are being committed in broad daylight in front of witnesses and people just aren't intervening or helping others anymore. It's sad.

I disagree

this was not a crime scene that required a heroine like Sayjann! it was just a stupid Farang bitch stirring up shit! would she get killed by anybody or was she in danger? certainly not! I have seen several fights in Thailand with some stupid Farangs involved. I did not know the reason of the fight, but usually the likelyhood that someone gets killed is pretty low. So why should I get involved!

Or in fact were they real monks at all?

Monks go out for their daily alms collection at around 5:30 -6:00 AM , and for some reason reading SJ's posts he does not strike me as a guy who would be up at the crack of dawn making his way to the beach.

What time did this alleged assault take place SJ?

How about the guys who enter a temple for just for a few months?

By the way, when I visited Angkor Wat some years ago a monk approached me. We talked a little bit. At the end he hit me for money for his education. I felt really uneasy, since I got the impression that getting money out of me and other tourists was his main objective. I have no idea if he was a real or a fake monk. How could I know anyway?

How about the guys who enter a temple for just for a few months?

As already said, abbotts or their helpers do not check on personality, character or intention of people, who enter monkhood temporarily

so there could be a very small difference between real ordained monks with ill intentions and fake monks

I always assume anyone collecting for a good cause in LOS is a scam unless proved otherwise.Over the years I`ve seen fake boy scouts,fake monks and other dubious characters all hoping for a donation.When I tell them in Thai that I`ve forgotten to bring my wallet they quickly move on in search of the next victim :cheerleader:

There was one portly gentleman on Cowboy last week, looking like a monk (although not saffron robes, more like a european monks habit) and requesting donations for something. :dunno:

was this Father Joe Maier doing a lot of good things for the kids in the Klong Toey Slums?

http://www.mercycentre.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=81&lang=en

then I would have certainly donated something!

Archived