Death In The Family

passingthru69

Flash,

Have been watching a new TV series about the whole world losing all electric power, everywhere, forever (so far). Neat premise and a decent storyline. You can download from Pirate Bay. The series started this year (2012). It is named 'Revolution'. It shows exactly what you've said, how fragile it all is and how screwed we would be if it all went down. Noticed the 'previews' when I was back in the states in September and started following it from Pirate Bay. :-) Check it out.

Cent.

Thanks for the Heads Up on the Series, I like things such as this.

All 6 Episodes being downloaded now as I type.

same here, thanks cent !

Revolution is new, and a decent TV series. My fav so far is the 'The Walking Dead' series. Can get easily on Pirate Bay each week. I am all caught up on the series. Best TV series I've seen in ages really. Also like ' Boardwalk Empire' and the 'Sons of Anarchy' TV series. Good shows.

Cent

• 2 weeks later...

My wife's sister's ex-husband died unexpectedly last year. He was only 36. I never did really understand what he was afflicted with - a diabetic seizure is most likely I suppose. His 8 year old boy is my nephew, whom I may end up adopting. I never even knew he was ill - I literally got a call from his family saying come fast. We left immediately but it was a 90 minute drive in pitch black right when the floods were coming from the north about to deluge Bangkok. It was a mercy dash.

We got there and he was in intensive care, in a coma. I met the family and we went in to see him. The doctor said they would switch off life support sometime in the early hours of the morning. I held his hand and said goodbye and encouraged his son to do the same - but he didn't understand. I knew him well. When I first met my wife he still lived in the family house.

We went to his funeral party and paid our respects, donated some money. Had a small meal and talked to his family.

His funeral is stuck in my memory - I still remember the anguish on the face of his older brother when they placed his body at the entrance to the crematorium; together with his chattels. I mind I thought at the time that this was so uncharacteristic of Thais. His face was bloated as I poured the holy water from the coconut onto his face. His son was made a temporary monk. He didn't seem to understand what was happening.

The mood was festive. Something I struggle to understand. Many people from his home town, and my village came, and there was a general feeling I sensed of good humour overall.

I drove us home in a very sombre mood. I didn't understand what had happened and I still don't.

Archived