Allergies In The Kingdom

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen ,

have been out last night here ( Yeormany ) and talking to lots of people it seems like everybody suffers from some sort of allergy . Some being allergic against things which I did not know that they exist . Somebody urged me checking my bed would result in dramtic numbers of bugs of all kind and so forth and it would be urgent. ( No findings as per last night ) .

I am one of those who successfully fight allergies by strictly disregarding their entire existence although you find a new version in the paper every single day . I wonder if this disease only exists in countries where a well funded health service stands by to deal with it . The latest hit is the burnout syndrome creating huge bills within the health industry .

Siam same same ?

Gentlemen ,

have been out last night here ( Yeormany ) and talking to lots of people it seems like everybody suffers from some sort of allergy . Some being allergic against things which I did not know that they exist . Somebody urged me checking my bed would result in dramtic numbers of bugs of all kind and so forth and it would be urgent. ( No findings as per last night ) .

I am one of those who successfully fight allergies by strictly disregarding their entire existence although you find a new version in the paper every single day . I wonder if this disease only exists in countries where a well funded health service stands by to deal with it . The latest hit is the burnout syndrome creating huge bills within the health industry .

Siam same same ?

As I understand, allergies increase with the development of the countries when people are becoming more and more isolated from the natural environment. Kids growing up on farms are much less likely getting allergies, which means you can discount a large part of the Thai population living in the country side...

No allergies. Never had tonsils or appendix removed, never had any of the childhood diseases - nothing beyond the usual colds, one case of food poisoning (Cambo) and one case of the flu. I've cleaned my teeth with the water in various Asian hotels - not Cambo, but I guess my number was up there - and eaten anything I wanted with few ill effects. For all that, 6 months breathing the air in inner Bangkok and I believe I would have respiratory problems. No idea how people with existing health problems survive in megacities. I think rural Thais are some of the toughest people on the planet, but no human being was meant to live in the middle of that traffic.

No allergies. Never had tonsils or appendix removed, never had any of the childhood diseases - nothing beyond the usual colds, one case of food poisoning (Cambo) and one case of the flu. I've cleaned my teeth with the water in various Asian hotels - not Cambo, but I guess my number was up there - and eaten anything I wanted with few ill effects. For all that, 6 months breathing the air in inner Bangkok and I believe I would have respiratory problems. No idea how people with existing health problems survive in megacities. I think rural Thais are some of the toughest people on the planet, but no human being was meant to live in the middle of that traffic.

I guess that are two different topics. Asian megacities aren't the best places to live in, but BKK is of course nothing compared to Chinese cities which are extremely polluted.

PS: Even though Tokyo has relatively clean air (all cabs drive on autogas for example) I tried jogging there for a few days and but started to cough...

I wouldn't want live along Suk road.

I guess that are two different topics. Asian megacities aren't the best places to live in, but BKK is of course nothing compared to Chinese cities which are extremely polluted.

PS: Even though Tokyo has relatively clean air (all cabs drive on autogas for example)

So do cabs and tuktuks in bkk nowadays. Even an ever increasing number of heavy lorries.

Over the years, and talking to other residents, we've noticed new comers to Bangkok who stay for a week or so getting sniffles and hay fever, let's face it, the air in Bangkok is filthy.

Up country is far nicer and even Pattaya is better, the filth there is not located in the air, but like your original suggestions to you, in the bed.

Archived