Chang Mai Hotels

The_Munchmaster

Was looking on Agoda for a hotel in Chiang Mai and the first one on the list was the Four Seasons Residence at a very reasonable US$ 1,518 per night. Next on the list was the Mandarin Oriental for a much less reasonable US$ 711 per night. Later I found the Poi De Ping Hotel which charges an absolutely ridiculous US 14 per night.

• 2 weeks later...

Was looking on Agoda for a hotel in Chiang Mai and the first one on the list was the Four Seasons Residence at a very reasonable US$ 1,518 per night. Next on the list was the Mandarin Oriental for a much less reasonable US$ 711 per night. Later I found the Poi De Ping Hotel which charges an absolutely ridiculous US 14 per night.

I have used the Montri Hotel in Chiang Mai several times. But it has been a few years since I have last been there. Located in Thapae Gate area. Hotel now called "Hotel M." You can walk to some nightlife from there, walk to restaurants, Seven Eleven stores, internet shops, etc. You can walk to the night market but it will take maybe 15 minutes or so.

For me the hotel was okay. Two elevators available, different priced rooms. Some guests are bothered by road traffic from the rooms on the main street, opposite the Thapae Gate. Didn't bother me any!

http://www.hotelthailand.com/chiangmai/montri/

Up to you.

Archived