Little Something Different

Another_Guy

With the possible exception of Fiery Jack, I cant think of anyone who has had more (documented) misadventures than your good self, Mekong. Perhaps we three are just the only ones willing to admit to it - that or the others are all living idyllic lives ??

I think it is more likely the prior rather than the later but all three of us pale into insignificance when compared to Sayjaan!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant remember the name of the guy who wrote the piece for Stickman, but he claimed he lives in BKK and had initially been quite taken with the 'upscale' girls he found away from the usual lower Suk haunts. As is the case with most of the contributions that end up in Stick's inbox, that rapidly soured and he claimed the girls in those venues are worse than the Soi 4/Cowboy lovelies from Isaan. Something about endlessly pestering him for drinks and showing zero interest when it became apparent that he wasnt going to 'take care' - the usual - but I dont know too many people who met the woman of their dreams in a bar/club. YMMV.

This fascination with "upscale" girls fascinates me. An "upscale" Thai girl isn't going to have any interest in an older Farang tourist. There are Thai women who are willing to be mia nois, but this means they want to be pampered and looked after. And if they are "upscale", they aren't looking for this from a Farang. There are plenty of very wealthy Thai men. Ultimately, I don't see how you can have a "girlfriend experience" with a Thai woman and somehow avoid the difficulties in any girlfriend relationship, and those difficulties are even more problematic in relationships between Thai women and Farang boyfriends.

Here is how I address the issue: I "train" the BGs I know to know and like the things I do. I introduce them to a wine bar and good food. Some go for it and some don't. Some are fun and some are are a real drag. The former become regulars that I take out to do the things I enjoy. It's not a girlfriend relationship (I am not expected to pay for anyone's sick buffalo, etc.), but its regular in that the girls know what the expect from me and I know what to expect from them. This only works if you live here and, to be quite blunt, you do need to refresh the stock every few months since the girls move on and, let's be real blunt, they age and become less attractive (and that is when they start pressing for something more serious).

I'm still disgusted with myself re the 7K bill I racked up in a single afternoon at a bar in Cowboy, and that was 2008. No plans to burn 25K in 1.5 hours, regardless of how 'gorgeous' the decor may be - you can buy a nice set of speakers at Piyanas for that sort of money. Or 5 girls from Devil's Den attending to your every whim. :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

well in LOS it is probably more like "carpe noctem"

Just goes to show that this board is not full of uneducated neandertal's many judge us as.

Sieze the Night (In Latin, even though Carpe is close to pluck as opposed to seize) in reply to Seize the Day (Carpe Diem) , just goes to show that the culture of this forum can rise above the level of a petri dish.

What gives me great pleasure in the Latin Language is not so much it's use but realising some other poor bugger of a poster had to endure Latin lessons as a compulsory part of their High School Cirriculum, Ha Ha I am not alone.

yes indeed!

6 years latin

in absentia luci, tenebrae vincunt

Not a bad try at "In the absence of light, darkness triumphs" except luci should be lucis,

I took Latin for 7 years myself, after having 3 years of having forced on me I looked at it as a challenge to continue studying something I wan't interested in, apart from Maths, Physics & Chemistry most of School bored me shitless so given a choice of English Literature, History or Latin I chose Latin, not a bad choice in retrospect as a 14 year old with no concrete plans in life, the fact I have survived another 34 years and am still the same so it must have stood me in good stead.

yes indeed!

6 years latin

in absentia luci, tenebrae vincunt

Not too many here, short of the medical profession or the clergy, would have to spend that long learning a dead language. I suspect that it also helps when your native tongue is closer to Latin than English. Our Latin teacher was a psychotic German who had no business being around anyone under the age of 50 - openly referred to his students as 'beggars' and took great delight in corporal punishment. I dont remember anyone at that school pursuing Latin beyond that sole, mandatory year of study.

This fascination with "upscale" girls fascinates me. An "upscale" Thai girl isn't going to have any interest in an older Farang tourist. There are Thai women who are willing to be mia nois, but this means they want to be pampered and looked after. And if they are "upscale", they aren't looking for this from a Farang. There are plenty of very wealthy Thai men. Ultimately, I don't see how you can have a "girlfriend experience" with a Thai woman and somehow avoid the difficulties in any girlfriend relationship, and those difficulties are even more problematic in relationships between Thai women and Farang boyfriends.

Here is how I address the issue: I "train" the BGs I know to know and like the things I do. I introduce them to a wine bar and good food. Some go for it and some don't. Some are fun and some are are a real drag. The former become regulars that I take out to do the things I enjoy. It's not a girlfriend relationship (I am not expected to pay for anyone's sick buffalo, etc.), but its regular in that the girls know what the expect from me and I know what to expect from them. This only works if you live here and, to be quite blunt, you do need to refresh the stock every few months since the girls move on and, let's be real blunt, they age and become less attractive (and that is when they start pressing for something more serious).

I agree with what you said. I just will only be in town for a few days and dont have time to train a BG. I dont know enough thai and after being in town a few days It is nice to actually be able to talk to someone and go out to eat besides the bars. I had non BG girlfriends in the past but that was when I lived in BK for a longer period of time. Just passing through and hoping to have a good time

Archived