Koh Kood, Trat.

Pescator

This trip was not recent, dates back a few years.

But I still thought I would share it, if for nothing else just to put a mild pressure on LP to make him post his report from recent trip :p

Koh Kood is a major island to the south of Koh Chang. Whileas Koh Chang has been heavily developed since I first spent several months here in `96, Koh Kood still retains the former charms of Koh Chang.

400 baht bungalows at southwestern beach in Koh Kood, Siam Beach Resort.

DSC_0283.jpg

DSC_0264.jpg

Wildlife too. Hornet dragging off with drugged Tarantula:

DSC_0307.jpg

Golden flying snake. It didnt last long, when the locals spotted it, though :mad:

bronzeback.jpg

Nursing monkeys indifferent to the intruding tourist with his cam:

makak.jpg

Having a drink at the waterfall:

DSC_0159-1.jpg

Local waterfall, not yet invaded. The picture is taken just before Christmas. The fall is not too impressive at this time a year though. Still the pool is nice with plenty of curious fish "begging" for food.

vandfald.jpg

Guest lazyphil

haha, ok i'll get onto it. uploading used to be an issue on nanaplaza.com is it straight forward now?

great pics, its on the to go list next trip :elephant: :elephant:

Guest lazyphil

i thinky they're long tailed macaques?....had a troop of them dive bomb us from the mangroves returning from a kayak trip on koh lantas eastern islands, cheeky bloody things have zero fear of humans!!! one mother swam out to us some distance with her baby submerged hanging to her belly :surprised:

i thinky they're long tailed macaques?....had a troop of them dive bomb us from the mangroves returning from a kayak trip on koh lantas eastern islands, cheeky bloody things have zero fear of humans!!! one mother swam out to us some distance with her baby submerged hanging to her belly :surprised:

:surprised: Wow, talk about persistent monkeys.

long tailed macaques, indeed.

I asked an elderly thai woman selling peanuts for feeding the monkeys what they were called in thai language: Ling Hang Yao. The monkey with a long tail. Oh, well.

Guest lazyphil

ah koh kood trat, misread that as trang....i did pass briefly through trat back from a cambo visa run, looked nice, how much a night is that place?......theres something about the limestone karst landscape of krabi, phang nga trang that draws me back time and again....so looking for a change but don't want to end up disapointed if you can understand me

Just a few more photos.

This is what the roads generally look like. Only a few concrete ones.

unpaved.jpg

Seems like rubber plantations is one of the main money earners here.

rubberplantation.jpg

rubber.jpg

rubberdrying.jpg

Neverland Resort, not in any way affiliated with Michael Jackson to the best of my knowledge

This place was absolutely deserted even in the middle of the high season, just before Christmas.

The south western beaches are all but deserted. They only get package tour thai visitors once in a while.

neverland.jpg

Notice the sailboat in the background? That belonged to a german guy, he sailed his boat from Patty to Koh Kood making numerous stops along the way. That guy sure figured out how to spend his retirement in a most enjoyable manner. Good on him.

sailboat.jpg

My sons were having a ball here.

kohkood.jpg

ah koh kood trat, misread that as trang....i did pass briefly through trat back from a cambo visa run, looked nice, how much a night is that place?......theres something about the limestone karst landscape of krabi, phang nga trang that draws me back time and again....so looking for a change but don't want to end up disapointed if you can understand me

As a fellow krabi/phang ngaa/trang afficionado I certainly understand you :)

Due to my superior negotiating skills (read my wife´s) we stayed at Siam Beach Resort for 400 baht a night. That was 4 years ago, mind you.

There are many islands in this archipelago, Koh Wai with excellent snorkelling right from the beach, Koh Maak and several others that I have not visited as yet.

You will, however, not find the limestone outcroppings that you know from the southern region.

But damn nice it is all the same. Crystal clear waters and good snorkelling.

However, no shopping, no karaoke, no funny stuff. One has to orchestra one`s own entertainment :)

Cheers.

very inviting looking.

geez ks there has to be a way of uploading pics from this site surely???? :surprised:

Easy! Go the section "Attachment" below a new post. Select a file to upload. Click on "Attach this file". After it's uploaded, click on "Add to Post". That's it.

post-1269-0-95757000-1351194547.jpg

Archived