Briton Stabbed In Ao Nang In Krabi

Boo Radley

'I managed to stagger up to a foreigner whom I begged for help and people came to staunch the flow of blood.

...The unnamed Briton, who runs the dive shop, has posted on an expat forum in Thailand.

He said: 'In Ao Nang. I fear that another tourist death is imminent. Gangs of teenage kids, armed with knifes and machetes roam the roads like something out of a Hollywood horror movie. WTF is wrong with this place!'

The dive shop owner who witnessed the incident and posted up on the Thaivisa forum about it a few days ago said that the attack took place at 10:50pm on 22/10/12.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

not saying this isn't credible what the dive operator said but i just didn't feel there is an edge or bad feeling in ao nang whatsoever when recently there, locals seem friendly and relaxed and no sign of thugs

Hi Phil,

The dive operator also said he's also aware of several other unprovoked attacks in the area in the last 6 months although I haven't been there to judge it myself. :dunno:

There was also an attack on a Russian lady who was robbed and slashed in the arms in Pattaya recently by two teenagers on a moped. Not sure if these attacks are happening more, or just being reported more.

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/64321/russian-injured-armed-street-robbery-jomtien/

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/region/301785

Guest lazyphil

the huge volume of tourists that pass through thailand unscathed is out standing considoring the huge wealth devide between tourists and thais. thais show an incredible level of tolerance to arrogant fuckwits who tour los....not saying these unfortunate people fit my description just generaly speaking.

Guest lazyphil

if i were an ethnic minority russia is the last place i'd travel....based on the media coverage of neo nazi gangs in russia....if i'd never been to los media coverage would put me off visiting los so go figure. the media just look for gore and storys for the most part

Guest lazyphil

the indian press were spouting off about avoiding the uk to indian citizens after the poor effer indian student got shot dead in manchester on a random attack last nye

risk and effed up thugs are everywhere including egalitarian norway home to the gun nut loony anders brevik!

Archived