Briton Stabbed In Ao Nang In Krabi

Boo Radley

I had a close call in Krabi just a few months ago.

It was during a buddhist holiday and 7/11 would not sell beer.

At 7 pm a guy needs his beer for a sundowner.

My trusted motorbike driver came to aid me in the hour of distress.

Off we went to a small local store. "Wait here, I get it for you".

Minutes later he reappeared with 2 beers wrapped in paper. One for him, one for me.

Ahh, all is good now.

As we were about to mount the bike, 2 thai guys drove by on a motor bike and I felt something passing me by a small margin.

They had hurled a big bottle of beer towards us, or.. the thai woman standing not so far from us.

The beer bottle smashed the window of the shop and there was a lot of commotion.

I asked the thai woman if she knew what this was all about, and if it was aimed at her, me or the motor bike driver? She didnt have a clue. Neither did the driver.

Suffice to say, that I was just happy not to have my travels cut short by a beer bottle hitting my head.

I went home, enough excitement for one night...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you are the moron here as you bring again a tourist statistic, which includes far more than people going for vacation such as business trips, people going for education and language training, visiting their relatives, one day trips etc.etc.

Oh? Define please the word "tourist"

Then get back to us.

not all tourists come for vacation if you have not realized that yet!

When I travel abroad for business I always declare being a tourist (like when going to the USA). In my area of business people don't bother to obtain a business visum. I guess many business travelers do so. Also as I understand many countries just count incoming travelers, since it is mostly impossible to separate tourists and business travelers. In Europe its definitely so, since there isn't even a passport control except when flying. I think in Germany they count the number of nights/hotel beds sold.

In Europe its definitely so, since there isn't even a passport control except when flying. I think in Germany they count the number of nights/hotel beds sold.

when you fly between Schengen countries, there is no immigration, no passport control!

if US or Asian guys fly for example with Air France to Paris, where they stay in transit and then fly to his final destination, for example Italy, then immigration takes place in Paris, they are registered there, even they were only in transit, but they will not be registered as having entered Italy, where they stay for vacation

that shows the reliability of those "tourist" statistics

When I travel abroad for business I always declare being a tourist (like when going to the USA). In my area of business people don't bother to obtain a business visum. I guess many business travelers do so. Also as I understand many countries just count incoming travelers, since it is mostly impossible to separate tourists and business travelers. In Europe its definitely so, since there isn't even a passport control except when flying. I think in Germany they count the number of nights/hotel beds sold.

when you fly between Schengen countries, there is no immigration, no passport control!

if US or Asian guys fly for example with Air France to Paris, where they stay in transit and then fly to his final destination, for example Italy, then immigration takes place in Paris, they are registered there, even they were only in transit, but they will not be registered as having entered Italy, where they stay for vacation

that shows the reliability of those "tourist" statistics

Archived