Briton Stabbed In Ao Nang In Krabi

Boo Radley

when you fly between Schengen countries, there is no immigration, no passport control!

if US or Asian guys fly for example with Air France to Paris, where they stay in transit and then fly to his final destination, for example Italy, then immigration takes place in Paris, they are registered there, even they were only in transit, but they will not be registered as having entered Italy, where they stay for vacation

that shows the reliability of those "tourist" statistics

When flying within Europe, sometimes I have to show my passport, sometimes I don't. I guess it depends on the airport and if the customs guys are off for a coffee.

That's why in Germany the count the hotel beds sold. It doesn't give the absolute numbers, since many people from neighboring countries don't stay overnight, but it give the relative number and indicates increases or deacreases in numbers. I guess GB has much more reliable tourist numbers.

And for LOS it should be very easy since most travelers arrive via the two airports.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When flying within Europe, sometimes I have to show my passport, sometimes I don't. I guess it depends on the airport and if the customs guys are off for a coffee.

you mean you go through immigration after flying from one Schengen country to the other?

you need to tell me which airport this is! all my flights within Schengen countries during last couple of years, I have never gone through any kind of immigration

And for LOS it should be very easy since most travelers arrive via the two airports.

which two airports? Swampy and Don Muang? also at least Phuket, Chiang Mai, Hat Yai und Ko Samui have international flights with thousands of "tourists" arriving. maybe even more...

you mean you go through immigration after flying from one Schengen country to the other?

you need to tell me which airport this is! all my flights within Schengen countries during last couple of years, I have never gone through any kind of immigration

which two airports? Swampy and Don Muang? also at least Phuket, Chiang Mai, Hat Yai und Ko Samui have international flights with thousands of "tourists" arriving. maybe even more...

I didn't know that there are overseas flights to Ko Samui, but I have never checked neither...

I didn't know that there are overseas flights to Ko Samui, but I have never checked neither...

Flights, to Singapore and a few locations in Malaysia, KL, possibly Penang depart/arrive from Samui and for connecting international flights in BKK, you will pass immigration on Koh Samui if that's your departure point.

Archived