Red Bull Heir Finally Turns Up

Flashermac

Red Bull heir and hit-and-run suspect Vorayuth Yoovidhya showed up for police questioning today, and authorities said they have added charges of drunk driving and speeding, deputy Bangkok police chief Pol Maj Gen Anuchai Lekbumrung said.

Mr Vorayuth appeared at Thong Lor police station to hear charges against him last Tuesday, Pol Maj Gen Anuchai said.

He did not explain why word of the interrogation was kept from the media for a week.

A day before his interview, Pol Maj Gen Anuchai told the media Mr Vorayuth had failed to answer several official summonses, and threatened to confiscate his bail money and seek an arrest warrant.

The deputy chief said physicians have not yet concluded Mr Vorayuth's blood test result. Media reports said that cocaine had been detected in a sample of his blood given after a Sept 3 incident in which Mr Vorayuth's million-dollar Ferrari was believed to have struck and killed Pol Snr Sgt Maj Wichian Klanprasert, who was riding his motorcycle.

Pol Maj Gen Anuchai said he had ordered investigators to ask physicians about the blood-test result. Additional charges are possible if new evidence is produced, such as a positive cocaine result.

Mr Vorayuth is the grandson of Chaleo Yoovidhya, the late founder of the Red Bull energy drink empire. Police said he admitted hitting the policeman's motorbike with his Ferrari, resulting in the death of Wichian. The collision apparently took place about 5am on Sukhumvit Road near Soi 47 in Bangkok.

Up to now he'd been busy. :p

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone smell the cover-up/whitewash coming? Seems to be taking an awful long time for the blood test results.

Presume the failure to turn up and the delay in police announcements is all part of the game making sure that that the necessary assurances are in place and I guess we can expect to see the RB logo on a slew of new police cars for a while.

I dont. Blood tests can take awhile. We call it the CSI effect. People see stuff going at light speed on TV and think thats how the world works.

Bollox,

A full blood test analysis can be carried out within one hour at a decent hospital lab, I should know I have mine every two months. Furthermore my "Full Medical" for my work Permit renewal last month also included STD, THC, Amphetamines, Cocaine and Opiates blood testing results within one hour!

Furthermore my "Full Medical" for my work Permit renewal last month also included STD, THC, Amphetamines, Cocaine and Opiates blood testing results within one hour!

seems to get tougher as in the past! what happens with guys who are not in the green area?

from other guys i heard that actually only test for TB is relevant! even STD they don't care...

Now have the WP and the business visa but took some time and yes, they make you jump thru more hoops!

I went to Ekachai Hospital in Samut Sakhon and got the physical. No blood test, just had to show them I had a pulse. Last year, I just went to a small clinic and they signed/stamped the paper, no testing at all and was accepted.

Everytime, different but out in the country (Samut Sakhon) there are hordes of Burma workers so the few farang that are here get treated very well. None of the (sometimes) rudeness that one might receive in Bangkok, IME.

Nothing to do with Patts, Medical was in BKK and WP renewal was also BKK.

As Cav stated last year it was visit a Doctor and as long as you were breathing and had a pulse they just rubber stamped and signed your medical certificate as "Fit to Work" and that would suffice.

This years Ministry of Interior / Department of Labour have tightened up on the Medical requirements and the form they give you to take for the medical has a list of tests / remarks which include.

Alcoholism

Drug Use / Abuse

Mental Health Issues

STD's

TB (Tuberculosis not Torneyboy)

So considering I am basically off the sauce now, have not touched drugs in over 25 years, do not suffer from mental problems (though some may tend to disagree), have not "Played Around" in LOS for over 10 years I was pretty certain I would pass no problems.

This is Thailand, the rules change every year, WP was easy compared to the Visa renewal until eventually they extended me for 13 months, go figure.

The trials and tribulations of being an expat in Thailand, we must be mad.

Archived