Red Bull Heir Finally Turns Up

Flashermac

Hi,

Odd. I don't recall needing any medical certificate for my WP. Perhaps initially, but I certainly did not get one when I renewed a few months ago.

Wonder if perhaps it is related to the type of field the WP is for?

Sanuk!

KS

It appears to have been introduced in the past couple of months so you may have been before it came into place / started being enforced again.

Not sure it is related to type of field, my position on WP is CEO of my own company.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont. Blood tests can take awhile. We call it the CSI effect. People see stuff going at light speed on TV and think thats how the world works.

Actually my take on some of the TV stuff is that it seems to take an awful long time, lots of dicking about just for the apparent scene-worthiness.

A little Googling, not much as I keep getting results for detection possible times rather than the amount of time it takes for results, suggests that a remote lab can provide negative results in 2-3 days and positive results in 5-7 days. Since this seems to include a fair amount of transportation and administration time I would have thought LE in Bangkok can get it done within the week yet this took place over a month ago. Seems enough time I would think.

OT, but corruption-related : did they ever convict anyone over the Santika fire 2 years ago ?

34 Months ago to the day!

On Sept 20, 2011, Thailand's Criminal Court found two persons -- Mr Wisuk Setsawat, the pub owner, and Mr Boonchu Laorinath, the light and sound company's owner -- guilty of negligence. Mr Wisuth and Mr Boonchoo were given three-year jail terms. Boonchoo was also ordered to pay Bt8.5 million in compensation to five plaintiffs, relatives of the victims

This years Ministry of Interior / Department of Labour have tightened up on the Medical requirements and the form they give you to take for the medical has a list of tests / remarks which include.

Alcoholism

Drug Use / Abuse

Mental Health Issues

STD's

TB (Tuberculosis not Torneyboy)

So considering I am basically off the sauce now, have not touched drugs in over 25 years, do not suffer from mental problems (though some may tend to disagree), have not "Played Around" in LOS for over 10 years I was pretty certain I would pass no problems.

wonder how they test "alcoholism" and how serious they are on all this!

if the former is serious, many board members can forget to get a WP!

wonder how they test "alcoholism" and how serious they are on all this!

if the former is serious, many board members can forget to get a WP!

Simple one is to check Blood / Alcohol Level, most Alcoholics even if gone one week without a drink will still have a high reading.

Secondary is a Liver Function Test, high readings of AST/ALT (SGOT/SGPT) can be indicative of Alcohol abuse, it has taken my Liver 15 months to return to "Normal Function"

Archived