Bad Week For The Brotherhood

Boo Radley

70 Year-Old Monk Arrested for Exposing Himself

24wr506.jpg

Phangnga police today arrested a 70 year-old monk from Nakhon Si Thammarat province for exposing himself and asking for sex while soliciting for alms. The incident came to light after 55 year-old Mrs Ratchani Anusilanon, a receptionist at Sunimit Mansions located in the dockyard area of Phangnga, complained to police that a monk had come in to her place of work asking for 200 Baht. She gave him 100 Baht whereupon he proceeded to lift up his robes exposing himself and asking her for sex. The incident was captured on the building's CCTV.

Officials think he may have mental problems since they found an empty medicine bottle amongst his possessions.

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/region/302572 (31/10/12)

3 Monks Arrested for Selling Drugs in Nontaburi

m97hi9.jpg

21k9zlk.jpg

Three monks from a famous temple in Bang Bua Thong district in Nontaburi province were arrested by police yesterday for selling amphetamine pills to local youths in the area. The monks were buying them for 100 Baht a tablet and selling them on at 150 Baht. The 3 monks, aged 27, 25 and 20 were found with over 100 pills between them in their monks' quarters and brought before the abbot and expelled from the monkhood immediately.

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/region/302530 (31/10/12)

I had thought that there was a rule prohibiting anything which depicted Buddhism, and the dedication of the Thai people to said religion, in a negative light. It would appear that I am mistaken.

Some of the topics that are NOT allowed on this board (and will result in instant deletion of the thread and possible banning of the poster) are:

- child prostitution; if you are into little kids I would recommend euthanasia

- disrespect towards HM the King; I have the utmost respect for His Majesty the King and will not allow any disrespect towards Him or other members of the Royal Family

- drugs; doing drugs is stupid, and in Thailand it could also get you into big trouble with the law (see below)

- politics; we are guests in this country and as such I wish to prevent any comments that may be taken the wrong way

- racism; racists are NOT welcome here, and derogatory remarks on someones race, sexual preferences, etc. will result in you getting banned.

- advertising; if you want to advertise, contact us at sanuk@nanaplaza.com to sponsor a forum

The OP did not show Buddhism is a bad light, the one or two black sheep did!

It was Posted under "News" and they are cut & paste from online news articles

Gobbie, you had a little rant yesterday about Horney picking up on something you posted in "Bored Bar" it works both ways bro.

I had thought that there was a rule prohibiting anything which depicted Buddhism, and the dedication of the Thai people to said religion, in a negative light. It would appear that I am mistaken.

Yes, I did hesitate to post the news articles for that reason but thought if the Thai press were reporting the stories, it would be ok to repeat them. Maybe it's a bit of a grey area. Some of our monks in the West (frequent child abuse stories etc) are no better, so wasn't trying to claim any moral high ground. Apologies to KS, will leave the decision to him.

Archived