I May Have To Cross Thailand Off My List ...

gobbledonk

Its not the women

Its not the crazy nightlife

Its not the corruption

Its Piyanas.

They have lifted their game, revamped their website, and (worst of all) they are clearly targeting Farang in a manner which would make the mamasan at Lolita's blush. Despite Thailand's outrageous tariffs, they are selling this British-made amp for less than I can get it in Australia, and I want it. Bad.

http://www.piyanas.com/showroom/en/product.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=eny_fly_default.tpl&product_id=2571&category_id=931

Faced with temptation like that on a daily basis, it would only be a matter of time, and you dont put a 100K baht amp in front of 50K speakers : you just don't do that. Cables, a source to do justice to all that electronic wizardry, hi-rez downloads : I'd be a shutin. So much for visions of endless partying with my numerous girlfriends. :yikes:

It's been real.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah - very few women are into audio beyond 'ooh, that looks expensive !', and the few who are seem to be complete freaks. :yikes:

Munchy, do you remember when the UK led the world in engineering ? Well, its not quite that rosy in high-end audio, but British designers definitely punch above their weight. The amp above is the audio equivalent of a Mini Cooper S - small but agile. :)

From Gobbie's Link

Ayre : AX-7e

“This beautifully made integrated has an amazing dimensionality, openness, image specificity, and transparency that rival much more expensive separates.â€

(2004 Recommended Products Editors Choice, The Absolute Sound)"

Never thought of buying something more 2012 than 8 year old technology?

Not sure I understand how an EI core transformer can reject AC line noise better than a toroidal core transformer.

The AyreConditioner???

Maybe some possibility these people make bomb detectors also?

I feel your pain GD, Nothing sweeter than a quality 'toons playa' but really some of the bonkers talk is a bit off putting.

Guest lazyphil

Nah - very few women are into audio beyond 'ooh, that looks expensive !', and the few who are seem to be complete freaks. :yikes:

Munchy, do you remember when the UK led the world in engineering ? Well, its not quite that rosy in high-end audio, but British designers definitely punch above their weight. The amp above is the audio equivalent of a Mini Cooper S - small but agile. :)

marshalls still going strong :elephant::worship:

Archived