I May Have To Cross Thailand Off My List ...

gobbledonk

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I was mainly referring to was, what does the title of your post "I May Have To Cross Thailand Off My List" have to do with the fact that a certain amp you like is available in Thailand for less than it costs in Oz? :confused:

Just one more temptation he is going to have to fight every waking second. Staying home is the natural alternative.

As an aside/TF, How will you spend your life? Plans for a business empire to rival Red Bull? Bar owner? Just seems that talking to a few guys planing on coming here long term they have little idea of what will occupy them once the couple of months boozing and shagging are done with and out the way. Strikes me the days are going to become awfully long real quick.

Tweaking your toon system should keep you busy a while but a pricey game. I have a box full of 845 triodes with a couple of bases, should build up to a nice pair of single ended monoblocks. Just need some nice output transformers and I guess something to drive them with. I have an LP12 turntable, though in pretty rough state, and a old school Meridian CD player. Been out of that game a long time. Building stuff like that again might be a fun pastime. Make a change from the multi-kilo watt RF stuff.

Just one more temptation he is going to have to fight every waking second. Staying home is the natural alternative.

As an aside/TF, How will you spend your life? Plans for a business empire to rival Red Bull? Bar owner? Just seems that talking to a few guys planing on coming here long term they have little idea of what will occupy them once the couple of months boozing and shagging are done with and out the way. Strikes me the days are going to become awfully long real quick.

Tweaking your toon system should keep you busy a while but a pricey game. I have a box full of 845 triodes with a couple of bases, should build up to a nice pair of single ended monoblocks. Just need some nice output transformers and I guess something to drive them with. I have an LP12 turntable, though in pretty rough state, and a old school Meridian CD player. Been out of that game a long time. Building stuff like that again might be a fun pastime. Make a change from the multi-kilo watt RF stuff.

Yeah, all of that HAS occurred to me - both during my time in Thailand and back here - but other than learning Thai and finding somewhere OTHER than BKK/Patts to live longer term, I'm not stressing about it. If Coss can fill in the days in a town like VT, anything is possible ....

Archived