Thai Prostitution Network Dismantled In Switzerland

Flashermac

(...not sure if this is Thai news or international, but it is from the BP.)

GENEVA: Swiss police said on Wednesday they had dismantled a network that imported Thai women and men and forced them to work as prostitutes in several Swiss cities.

Police in the canton of Bern said they had opened their probe last year when a woman of Thai origin told investigators "she had been held against her will in a Bern establishment and forced to prostitute herself".

Police soon discovered the network stretched across several Swiss cantons.

The main suspect, a 42-year-old Thai woman with a Swiss residence permit, was arrested during the second half of last year in Germany.

She has since been extradited to Switzerland, Bern police said.

The woman, whose name was not given, appeared to have been actively running the network since the end of 2008 and operated a brothel where both women and men of Thai origin living in Switzerland illegally worked as prostitutes.

When she was arrested, she was carrying documents including identity papers belonging to the victims, police said.

Most of the victims came from poverty in Thailand and had known they would be working as prostitutes in Switzerland, police said.

However, because of the massive fees the network charged to get them to the country and for being allowed to work in its brothels, they basically became sex slaves.

Each prostitute had to earn at least 60,000 Swiss francs (1.9 million baht) and in some cases as much as 90,000 francs, before being able to pay down their debt and actually pocket some of the money they made themselves.

They had to sign loan contracts offering any real estate holdings they had in Thailand as security, police said.

Most of the victims had returned to Thailand and did not want to press charges or take part in the legal process, they added.

The main suspect has been accused of victimising 26 people in the canton of Thurgau and 31 others in the cantons of Bern, Solothurn, Lucerne, Basel-Stadt and Zurich.

Six other suspects, a Swiss and a Thai man and four Thai women, are in custody.

Prostitution has been legal in Switzerland since 1992, as long as the sex workers are in the trade of their own free will.

My link

I am pretty shure that there isn't a Thai prostitution ring in Germany, since the majority of the TG's seem to be over 30 or even 40 years old. In LOS these women would work behind the counter or would have left the trade years ago. EU visa rules make it all but impossible for SEA prostitutes to enter Germany, while there seems to be a regular influx of Chinese women.

But the latest craze are Japanese girls. Brothels advertise with to good to be true photographs of Japanese women and punters report that the girls are all Chinese...

not sure what

- be part of the European Union

- have a prostitution ring with Thai grannies

have to do with each other!?

EU member countries can't import young Thai BGs anymore (neither officially nor unofficially), while this seems to be still possible in non-EU Switzerland. Other than this there is absolutely no connection. chinaman.gif

EU member countries can't import young Thai BGs anymore (neither officially nor unofficially), while this seems to be still possible in non-EU Switzerland. Other than this there is absolutely no connection. chinaman.gif

i thought visa regulations are the same for Schengen countries and Switzerland is a Schengen country as well!

in 2003 i visited a friend who was Swiss,lived in Basel and a frequent visitor to Thailand.

in the city was a large complex of brothels which contained Thai ladies and many were like bars where men would go to have a drink and chat with the ladies but it did'nt mean any sex would take part,it was quite social.

but the ladies were 'slaves' so to speak as my friend explained how things worked about the cash they had to earn and passports taken away from them.

the ladies were available 24 hours and if a customer arrived the ladies were rounded up and paraded for him.

no take-outs available as they were forbidden to leave the premises apart from a couple of hours a day.

saw a couple of the ladies one day and they refused to speak to us in public.

but i was horrified by the prices but as it was my birthday my friend paid for me take 2 ladies for 2 hours....... :worship:

but the next night was different as we both picked up some African ladies and had great fun for many hours... :drool:

i thought visa regulations are the same for Schengen countries and Switzerland is a Schengen country as well!

Actually, you are right. I didn't know this. Therefore I wonder how they pulled this off, since as I said, it's impossible for Thai women to travel to Germany unless:

a.) she can prove her personal wealth and has a upper ranking job and can convince the German embassy that she will return to LOS.

b.) she marries a German, takes a German language exam at the German cultural center in BKK and is able to convince the German embassy that the marriage is legit.

Maybe the Swiss embassy in BKK is less strict?

Archived