Who Will Become The Next Us President

kamui

Who will become the next US president?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be elected the next president of the USA

• M. Romney will win by a wide margin. - The polls are all manipulated by the left and voter's opinions are overrated anyway
    • M. Romney will win with a tiny lead. - I know that minorities hate him (women, gays, guatemalans, e.g.), but he absolutely represents my values, which change at least twice a day.
    • B. Obama will win with a tiny, tiny lead. - That's what the polls say. Polls which don't agree are fake.
    • B. Obama will win by a wide margin. - His core electorate like women, blacks and Hispanics is mostly out of job anyway and has enough time to vote all day at different voting stations
    • I don't care. One US president is like another, just the color changes sometimes
    • Election? Where? Who? The BGs at Beach Road never told me about this.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, the comments are really disgusting. Very much different to the intellectual level and politeness shown by both parties and especially the pundits in the past months. That's what's why US elections are seen as a shining example how democracy should work around the world. [/servere cycnism off]

I predict 320+ EV for Mitt Romney.

BO has been the most incompetent, the laziest, and the most divisive US Pesident that I have ever observed. There is just no way to dress that up. The Titanic just isn't going to circle back around and strike the iceberg a second time.

Then again, I haven't set foot back in my native USA since August 2002 - so I might be a bit out of touch with the American mindset these days. I mean - the American baarbarians still use the Imperial measurement system, for crying out loud.

I agree. Kamui must just love the Chinese version of democracy.

Not at all. I am just appalled how much the US democracy has deteriorated in the past 1-2 decades

- Swift boating and character assassinations seems to be standard now

- candidates telling flat out obvious lies without any consequences

- pundits and media become radicalized and are running amok

- disenfranchising minorities through voter id laws because of suspected voter fraud, even though there is no fraud by voters at all - and everybody nows it.

- media producing in a endless 24/7 news cycle an endless stream of absolutely contentless information (including more series websites like Politico).

- the form how a political message is being delivered has become much, much more important than the content of any message. The whole election has become a pure movie/theater like staging for the media and by the media.

- millions of outside money distort local and presidential elections, candidates not connected to the money class are getting crushed completely. A small group of superrich dominate parts of the political process completely (the nomination of Newt Gingrich for example)

- general corruption of US politics in an range which is mind blowing (lobbyists, thinks tanks, super rich running politicians, e.g.)

Just one or two points listed above would be a grave danger to the democratic process. All together they form a perfect storm.

This has of course nothing to do with China, where a single anti-government, pro democracy tweet can put you into jail for years.

I guess the US citizens are not aware how much the election process has been morphed into something really nasty. And I guess it just will get worse.

Archived