Accommodation In Vientiane

Alfmaz

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right in the center, 20 metres from the fountain (now refurbished in the best Bkk HiSo lack of taste). then 1 block from the river.

I think I paid $20 a night 1 year ago, but that was a 25 night deal I made, probably $30 now, but send them an email and ask for discount, they're a friendly bunch.

• 1 month later...

Keep in mind that Mali Namphu is most definitely NOT girl-friendly, if that's important.

If you want to be close to Bor Pen Nyang--I mean, try two doors down!--then you should stay where I always stay, Lao Inter City. The rooms at the back are around 1,000 THB a night (the river rooms aren't worth it at $55 USD). Quite nice and attractive hotel with okay wifi. Can't speak for the included breakfast, never woke up that early. Very girl-friendly.

Those BPY gals must have a special dispensation from the Lao Tourism Board. They certainly arent afraid to quote BKK prices for the pleasure of their company - VT tuk-tuk drivers arent shy either. Fortunately, Beer Lao seems to be cheaper than water - that said, VT will need to be a whole lot more exciting in 2014 than it was in 2008 ......

Archived