Accommodation In Vientiane

Alfmaz

Oh, dear. Haven't been to Laos in about 6 years. A nice lunch was a big Leo and a baguette sandwich from one of the local shops, less than the equivalent of 100 baht. I did not think that Wiengchan was cheap though, except for accomodations. It was much cheaper than Thailand in the 1970s. Now meals cost about the same.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes and it really was very nice. Also well away from backpacker territory.

Found another place with good reviews not far from Luck a little bit cheaper do you remember seeing this place

http://www.agoda.com.au/asia/laos/luang_prabang/ammata_guest_house.html?asq=bs17wTmKLORqTfZUfjFABm9vA372kjTBs0E5reQQcPDTBgexlH50D4c4I9BT2QJMZgUlR3ZJOcNABU9H5YXX589lL4aw5C31jTpN39b2DsFBl0BVbcQdRJcLVyEwP%2fY%2f9sWZi3261gaQoqyo7MneEI8aJNS507mnMy30j4%2fR%2bWc%3d

I don't think Beer Laos so cheap, it's been steadily rising in price for a long time, still the best beer in the region though. Somewhere above 350 a box of tallies, used to be a lot cheaper, in the old days, sigh, tasted better then too!

It was cheap for 'bar prices' (including restaurants) when I was in VT in 2008, although I'm sure every venue catering to foreigners in Asia isnt shy about jacking up their prices. (4 and 5-star) hotel bars are the nastiest, considering they dont usually have women who offer to blow you when you finish that beer ......

Dont even get me started on where prices are going in BKK. :yikes:

I don't think Beer Laos so cheap, it's been steadily rising in price for a long time, still the best beer in the region though. Somewhere above 350 a box of tallies, used to be a lot cheaper, in the old days, sigh, tasted better then too!

The ones I drank on Christmas day were really cheap and tasted fantastic.....my first Beer in 7 months

Errrrrr maybe that's cos you paid for them....lol

:beer::drinking: :drinking: :drinking::beer:

Archived