Airport Hotels - Never Again ...

gobbledonk

I've stayed at a few budget places that were 'near' the airport, and they werent too bad, but staying at a hotel that is directly above the runways is - IMO - sheer lunacy. Even the somewhat luxurious (for me, anyway) Crowne Plaza at Sillypore was way too noisy for my liking. By contrast, I stayed at a 'prison camp' style hotel near KLIA a few years back and got a surprisingly good night's sleep - the only downside being the grim determination show by other guests waiting for the airport shuttle.

(yes, I HAVE tried earplugs, but we are talking serious decibel levels. I would note that none of Crowne Plaza's noise issues are evident down in the foyer/reception area - surprisingly enough - and I assume that the more you pay the quieter your room is. C'est La Vie - lesson learnt, and I'll just have to get out of bed earlier in future and get a cab.

I only had the pleasure of staying once at a airport as I missed my connecting flight and the airline put me up for the night. This was in Canada. View was fantastic and I had no problem sleeping. The only issue is that I had a 6am flight to Seattle the next morning.... ;(

Archived