Windows 7 Or 8 Laptop?

yfs

I finally had to send my old PC to the knackers last week and buy a replacement. The new one came with Window 8. Quite Frank Lee, I find myself swearing at the thing and calling Bill Gates every name I can think of. I have to hunt for folders which came up easily in Windows 7. Why the hell did Monkeyshit decided we wanted everything more complicated? I miss my Win 7 already. :(

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/software-and-web-apps/how-to-make-windows-8-look-like-windows-7-50009546/

In this how-to guide, I'll reveal how to water down or ignore some of Windows 8's more controversial features and restore functionality you thought had gone forever. While these tips aren't strictly about making Windows 8 like Windows 7, they address a few annoying niggles.

you're right. I caught the inexpensive part when I was re-reading. To the OP: Stick with 7. We have had prototype Win 8 here for a couple of months. I hate it. If you have a kid that can show you how to run it you are better then me, but I could just be too old to want to change how I interface with the machine.

I'll stick with 7 until time runs out or desktop disintegrates.

I've read some place though that half of the people that use internet do so by cell phone or a tablet.

That sitting in front of a desk at home with a desk top computer is declining.

The youngsters are much more familiar with touch screens and that is the market Microsoft is aiming for. The young people.

Also read the US government is/may mandate a rear view camera for all automobiles in 2014. Meaning that all cars will have a TV screen and probably be touch screen.

So it appears that touch screens are the way of the future.

I have debated for a long time whether to begin selling my collection of old buggy whips.

Also read the US government is/may mandate a rear view camera for all automobiles in 2014. Meaning that all cars will have a TV screen and probably be touch screen.

Ha - next door neighbour (great bloke) just bought a Mazda SUV for his ever growing family, and he (or more so his lovely wife) loves the rear view camera, and I had a go at it last night.. I asked him if he knew what the B-Doubles use. He said no. I said they use mirrors...

Handy for the ladies though, and important not to run over your kids..

• 3 weeks later...

Archived