Hamas

Guest baldrick

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The winner takes the spoils. That's pretty much part of war.

...not since the end of World War 2 it isn’t. Under the UN Charter that’s illegal. Israel and the USA have signed up to it, but consistently renege.

If you don’t have international rules governing relations between countries you just descend to the law of the jungle. You legitimise and allow any dictator..Hitler, Stalin, Saddam to occupy any land they like. Might is right. Gang mentality...you mug someone and get away with it, you’re a hero, and rationalise away the victim... he shouldn’t have been in that neighbourhood; he shouldn’t have put up a fight etc.

Israel Is Illegally Occupying Palestine.

Under UN Resolution 242, Israel is required by international law to withdraw from all the territories occupied in 1967, including East Jerusalem. The United Nation's General Assembly has repeatedly condemned Israel's occupation (see also UN resolutions 338, 1397, and 1402, among others) but the US just turns a blind eye, when Israel ignores them. Israel is America's spoilt brat child who knows how to manipulate the parent.

It is very easy for both sides to cherry pick one incident then generalise it to justify all their actions. Israel’s propaganda favourites are that every Palestinian civilian casualty is the fault of a nearby rocket launcher, or that Israel’s illegal collective punishment of Gazans by maintaining a blockade is to prevent rockets being smuggled in (clearly an abject failure if that were the truth), so they arbitrarily ban certain items coffee one day, coriander the next...obvious bomb making ingredients... just to hassle the population.

Something's got to give. This can't go on. The unimagined does happen: The Berlin Wall came down, apartheid ended in S Africa, Obama visiting Burma, FARC rebels declaring a truce in Colombia to discuss peace. Who knows maybe Israel's turn soon. Obama certainly hasn't earned his Nobel Prize yet.

To me, robaus, Israel and Palestine (well, Gaza) are like two naughty boys going "He started it". What they both need is to have their heads metaphorically banged together and told "sort it out." Unfortunately, I don't think this will ever happen with the entrenched feelings on both sides, especially amongst the extremists. Islamists and Hassidic Jews etc. Mind you, in addition to your list one other unimaginable did happen: the IRA called a truce which is still holding.... So the impossible is still a remote possibility. "Sometimes I like to think of six impossible things before breakfast", said Humpty Dumpty in Alice...

Ceasfire agreed...good news.

The terms don't look much different from the one Israel could have had when Hamas unilaterally offered it and kept it for 2 days on 12 Nov before Israel broke the truce on 14 Nov with a high level assassination, when at that stage only 13 Palestinians and not a single Israeli had been killed.

Hamas wanted

end to targeted assassinations [agreed]

end to blockade [not agreed to by Israel]

Israel wanted

end ot rocket fire [agreed]

promise not to re-arm [not agreed to by Hamas]

Maybe only sticking plaster solution as BBC says.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-20436699

They should now blast John Lennon's "Imagine" and "Give Peace a Chance" across the border at each other 24/7.

And while it's the festive season, throw in "And so this is Christmas"...and turn up the volume to 11 when you get to the last verse.

War is over

If you want it

War is over

Now

Shalom. Inshallah.

Gaza.

A perceived sympathizer.

A proper justice system varies in the civilized world.

images9.jpg

images4.jpg

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — Masked gunmen publicly shot dead six suspected collaborators with Israel at a large Gaza City intersection Tuesday, witnesses said. An Associated Press reporter saw a mob surrounding five of the bloodied corpses shortly after the killing.

LINK

The ambulance following behind is there just in case someone gets hurt.

Traitors are executed in the west too.

What would you have done with Palestinian spies who have been giving Israelis information about militants' movements?.... 100 hours community service??

What's civilised?......

....In the final hours before the ceasefire, Israel hit the tower housing AFP's offices for the second time in less than 24 hours, killing a toddler in another building. No AFP journalists were inside.

Another strike shortly afterwards on central Gaza killed a four-year-old girl, medics said.

Total casualties so far

Palestinians 141 including 33 children

Israelis 5 adults including one soldier

Just think about that as you watch your kids or grand kids opening their presents on Christmas morning.

... and so this is Christmas!

When Mahatma Gandhi was once asked what he thought about western civilisation, he replied

"I think it would be a good idea"

Guest lazyphil

sort the barbarism is syria, no 'zionism' going on there.

and you didn't answer my boycotting chinese products regarding their brutality in tibet. what is your pov on china in tibet. will you make a stand and say fuck u china i refuse to support your evil ways in tibet.

waiting.

I read someplace that all were "civilians" in Gaza.

Judge, jury, and executioner?

Not even Judge Roy Bean behaved this way. And all of his recipients still received a "good Christian burial".

Or is this an example of Sharia Law? Judgement then drag body through town by motorcyclist?

sort the barbarism is syria, no 'zionism' going on there.

and you didn't answer my boycotting chinese products regarding their brutality in tibet. what is your pov on china in tibet. will you make a stand and say fuck u china i refuse to support your evil ways in tibet.

waiting.

What are you doing about these issues, Phil?

I've answered your questions many times previously. Waste of my time.

Arguing with a fool proves there are two. I don't feed trolls.

:beer:

Archived