Hamas

Guest baldrick

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

America should stop trying to arbiter the conflicts ourselves and make it a joint UN/Arab League arbitration. Work hard to get China and Russia to agree to a UN negoatiated resolution. No agreement wili be worth anything if the Arab League doesn't agree.

Clinton was close, maybe he can try again as the UN special envoy or someone else. Ask the Arab league who would include the Palestinian Authority what they consider to a 'doable' resolution. Full right of return is not gonna happen. So, they can forget that scenario. The fact is also that there is a whole generation of Palestinians who have as much connection to Israel as I do to what ever west African tribe(s) I came from.

Have an international body or commission, acceptable to both sides, sort it all out.

On a side note, Egypt is playing a dangerous game with talk of re-thinking the peace agreement. I doubt the Egyptian army wil go for that. The President is not part of the real power there...the military.

IMO the real issue is that both sides regularly seem to cause excessive civilian casualties, including children, elderly, hospitals, schools, etc "because the other side did the same" - and nobody not affected seems to bat an eyelid because it is such a regular occurrence. It's 2012 for fucks sake, can't we as grown adults sort this out over a few beers and pizza one day and try to save a few lives?

/endrant

Guest lazyphil

Well, perhaps you should read up on the history in Wikipedia. In 1890 it was not a Jewish country. There were 10,000 orthodox Jews living mainly in Jerusalem peacefully alongside 500,000 Palestinian Christians and Muslims. Then Theodor Herzl started the Zionist movement with the intention of reversing that ratio. He succeeded. Today after waves of migration and wars there are 6 million Jews and 1 million Palestinians living in Israel, 5 million Palestinians living in refugee camps, and a further 5 million scattered around the world.

http://en.wikipedia....sraeli_conflict

http://en.wikipedia....tinian_conflict

http://en.wikipedia....estinian_people

http://en.wikipedia....stinian_refugee

http://en.wikipedia....tinian_diaspora.

The problem is that Jews (ranging from fair haired blue eyed Russians to jet black Ethiopian falashas) who are a religion not a race with a claim based on a book of popular fiction and hearing voices from imaginary supernatural friends have occupied a land by ethnically cleansing non-Jews from it.

They have done what my ancestors did in Australia and New Zealand, what Europeans did in North and South America, and Africa, committing horrendous atrocities in the process (or as in your case, Phil, what the Romans, Angles, Saxons, Vikings, and Normans did to the Celts and Picts). The world has moved on since then. It’s a different era: we no longer keep slaves, or hang people for sheep stealing. The problem is that Zionist Jews are continuing to do in the 21st century what my ancestors got away with 250 years ago. But with the power of the media and the internet, the whole world is watching this time and they can’t do it anymore.

There’s no turning the clock back to 1890, but Israelis can keep most of what they’ve got and live in peace within secure recognised borders..it’s a just a few acres of land swaps, fudged deals over sacred spots, and an international compensation fund away.

But the present violence and escalation will achieve sweet FA.

jews have the right to live in peace. end of.

Guest lazyphil

be it syria, nigeria, southern thailand, palestine, phillipines, egypt, chechnya....muslims have shown islam is not the religion of peace, of course the vast majority are just trying to get along in life but it seems to have a huge chip on its shoulder

Hi,

I don't want to get drawn into this discussion as I just don't know enough of the issue, but this statement

"jews have the right to live in peace. end of."

is rather simplistic isn't it? And wouldn't the same apply to palestinians?

The way I see it, there are 2 people fighting, and thus there are 2 people to blame.

Sanuk!

Guest lazyphil

i am not a member of edl, bnp, nf etc....i give not a fig who lives legally in the uk, muslim, hindu, jew, buddhist black brown white etc etc.....before you acuse me of such things. and i dont buy newpapers :nono:

Guest lazyphil

ks, iran have openy said they wont to wipe israel off the map. israel have never said this of palestine. since iran are trying to make a nuke i imagine they feel somewhat stressed out

Archived