Hamas

Guest baldrick

>>Hamas are notorious for putting their miliatry installations in neighbourhoods with families and children.

...says who..Netanyahu...Fox Noise...?.. reliable sources please.

Here you go, from Human Rights Watch. I've also been there. They do this a lot for stupid reasons.

http://www.hrw.org/en/node/10911/section/3

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

Yes Phil, very similar to Christians slaughtering each other in the UK, conflict was called "The Troubles" and those evil Christians from the UK area called Northern Ireland slaughtered their fellow Christians for a few decades,

Disgusting!

OH OH OH OH Hey, how about those Christian Germans invading and killing all the other Christians every time they got a chance in the 20th Century?

And of course we ALL KNOW that you totally agree with a far wider European Community?

After all, just like the Middle East, all those countries in Europe are exactly the same aren't they?

i totally agree!!!....christians are just as bad!!

some of the most successful societies live in hemmed in citys/countries...hong kong, singapore, japan/tokyo.

What the feck have Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan got to do with the situation between Israel and Palestine? Feck all!

You been overdosing on the stupid pills again LP?

PS Since when was Japan / Tokyo a "hemmed in city / country"? Japan is an island nation with a population similar to the UK!!

You lost it man! :shakehead

Guest lazyphil

robaus was pointing out gaza trip is congested i assume thinking that disadvantages them, i just pointed out other congested places that are highly successful...thats all mlud :wink:

Guest lazyphil

i don't get it, israel is the only jewish country in the world and its tiny. can't they be left in peace??

i'm agnostic btw....waiting to be convinced by a fairy tale :surprised:

robaus was pointing out gaza trip is congested i assume thinking that disadvantages them, i just pointed out other congested places that are highly successful...thats all mlud :wink:

You’ve misinterpreted what I said, Phil. We’re not discussing comparative economic success in proportion to land area??

I pointed out how small Gaza was so as to demonstrate how hard it is to fire rockets well away from civilians and how easy it is for Israel to cause civilian casualties if they employ powerful weaponry or drop bombs in retaliation.

The solution of course is for both sides not to commit war crimes, knowing their actions (Hamas firing rockets and Israel dropping bombs) are almost certain to kill civilians too.

The solution existed on 12 November..a ceasefire, which Israel deliberately broke by assassinating a high profile Hamas militant, throwing petrol on the fire. They say their aim is to stop rockets coming. Well, they had stopped, and would have remained so. Clearly Netanyahu has a different agenda... a spot of gratuitous bloodletting , to grab a few more votes in the upcoming elections.

I say gratuitous, because it will have no impact at all on Hamas arming again exactly as they did after 2008...probably with longer range weapons next time. It will simply cause more funerals, flattened homes and increased bitterness.

The only way the rockets and retaliation will cease forever is a just peace agreement, voted on by a majority of Palestinians and Israelis. The only way you’ll get an agreement is a moratorium on Hamas rocket firing, and a moratorium on Israeli assassinations and settlement building, so that they can sit down and talk.

Of course nutters will remain on both sides after an agreement as in Northern Island, but the majority just want peace and will marginalise the crazies.

i don't get it, israel is the only jewish country in the world and its tiny. can't they be left in peace??

i'm agnostic btw....waiting to be convinced by a fairy tale :surprised:

Well, perhaps you should read up on the history in Wikipedia. In 1890 it was not a Jewish country. There were 10,000 orthodox Jews living mainly in Jerusalem peacefully alongside 500,000 Palestinian Christians and Muslims. Then Theodor Herzl started the Zionist movement with the intention of reversing that ratio. He succeeded. Today after waves of migration and wars there are 6 million Jews and 1 million Palestinians living in Israel, 5 million Palestinians living in refugee camps, and a further 5 million scattered around the world.

http://en.wikipedia....sraeli_conflict

http://en.wikipedia....tinian_conflict

http://en.wikipedia....estinian_people

http://en.wikipedia....stinian_refugee

http://en.wikipedia....tinian_diaspora.

The problem is that Jews (ranging from fair haired blue eyed Russians to jet black Ethiopian falashas) who are a religion not a race with a claim based on a book of popular fiction and hearing voices from imaginary supernatural friends have occupied a land by ethnically cleansing non-Jews from it.

They have done what my ancestors did in Australia and New Zealand, what Europeans did in North and South America, and Africa, committing horrendous atrocities in the process (or as in your case, Phil, what the Romans, Angles, Saxons, Vikings, and Normans did to the Celts and Picts). The world has moved on since then. It’s a different era: we no longer keep slaves, or hang people for sheep stealing. The problem is that Zionist Jews are continuing to do in the 21st century what my ancestors got away with 250 years ago. But with the power of the media and the internet, the whole world is watching this time and they can’t do it anymore.

There’s no turning the clock back to 1890, but Israelis can keep most of what they’ve got and live in peace within secure recognised borders..it’s a just a few acres of land swaps, fudged deals over sacred spots, and an international compensation fund away.

But the present violence and escalation will achieve sweet FA.

Here you go, from Human Rights Watch. I've also been there. They do this a lot for stupid reasons.

http://www.hrw.org/e...10911/section/3

Thanks for the link. This hardly bears out the original claim “Hamas are notorious for putting their miliatry installations in neighbourhoods with families and children.†as though this were standard Hamas practice as silvery tongued Israeli spokesmen would so glibly have us believe is the sole cause of civilian casualties.

“Palestinian armed groups also at times endanger civilians by placing their rocket launchers near residential areas in Gaza. The IDF claims that over the course of 2006 Palestinian armed groups moved their launchers increasingly close to residential areas, presumably because return IDF artillery fire had made open fields a less attractive military option. Human Rights Watch's interviews provide evidence that in at least one locale Palestinian groups fired or tried to launch rockets from within 100 meters of populated apartment buildings.â€

Quite interesting that later in the same Human Rights Watch article, it was reported that the IDF knew but didn’t care that even if they were supposedly firing at a rocket launch site, the shrapnel was almost bound to hit civilians too.

“all of the Palestinian civilian deaths and the great majority of injuries caused by Israeli artillery fire occurred following Israel's exponential increase of artillery fire and reported authorizing of shelling within a proximity to civilian areas that is smaller than the casualty radius of the artillery. Moreover, Israel did not routinely investigate cases in which civilians died or were injured to learn from past cases of civilian casualties and to ensure that in the future all feasible precautions were taken to avoid them. The combination of increased shelling considerably closer to populated areas and failure to investigate suggest, at the very least, an indifference to the duty to take all feasible precautions to avoid civilian casualties and a failure to rigorously balance concrete military advantage against expected civilian harm, as required by the rule of proportionality.â€

Of course, it's preferable that that both sides stop commtting war crimes.

Archived