The Crossbar

The_Munchmaster

I'd heard about this bar as it quite often gets a mention in Stickmans column but I didn't actually know where it was!

Anyway I found it yesterday, by accident, as I wandered around Soi 23 and Asoke. My intention was to photograph all the bars on Cowboy and Soi 23, which I did, and when I got to the crossroads near the end of Soi 23 I took a left to go to Asoke (my old office and Neils Tavern where I used to have my lunch are just around the corner) and that's where I found The Crossbar, on the left hand side of the soi connecting Soi 23 with Asoke, opposite Prasarnmit Plaza.

IMG_7645.jpg?t=1353411253

IMG_7644.jpg?t=1353410922

It was about 5pm and with all that exercise I had worked up a bit of a thirst so thought I'd stop for a quick one. Anyway I stayed for about an hour and a half, had a couple of pints of Heineken and a burger (Baht 480) and a read of a couple of newspapers.

There were only a few customers when I arrived but it was a lot busier by the time I left. It's quite a pleasant fairly typical British style bar with a friendly British owner (Brian). The usual selection of beverages (although not Guiness) and a decent menu (special board was also promoting a range of indian curries, which I would have tried had it been later in the evening). Also has a pool table.

The only thing going against it is possibly its location at the bottom end of Soi 23. :dunno:

Anyway I'll make a point of going back again one evening and giving one of them curries a try.

Used to be a car entertainment installer place when I lived in that part of town. Might be worth a stroll down 23 for a look see but it means running the gamut of the massage shops across the other side of the road. Guess that might be a plus to some.

Used to be a car entertainment installer place when I lived in that part of town. Might be worth a stroll down 23 for a look see but it means running the gamut of the massage shops across the other side of the road. Guess that might be a plus to some.

No it didn't. The car hifi place is still on the corner where it has always been. Amazing how misinformation is spread.

Archived