Thailand-Style "complex Suicide"

StoneSoup

http://www.thelocal.de/society/20121122-46323.html

The body of 43-year-old Uwe Sattler was found in the River Elbe in July by a fisherman. He was wearing a rucksack full of rocks and had been shot in the head and put into a sack fastened with cable ties before he hit the water.

Local media was rife with speculation about a Mafia murder - but after extensive investigation, the police now say they are nearly certain that the Sattler killed himself.

"We are 99.999 percent certain it was suicide," a Hamburg police spokeswoman told The Local.

"There is no other explanation; no other motive and no other evidence."

Detectives have worked out that there was enough of an opening in the sack between the cable ties for Sattler to get an arm out and shoot himself so that afterwards the gun would fall to the ground. He would have had to have done this while perched on the edge of a bridge or jetty to ensure falling into the water.

Why he would make such an effort to do this remains a mystery - as does the whereabouts of the gun, which was never found. "It just goes to show, there is nothing that does not exist," the police spokeswoman said.

These "complex suicides" seem to be spreading. I thought they were mostly in Pattaya involving farangs. Now Hamburg Germany. It seems to me the people responsible for these investigations are corrupt, dumb, or both. They have to be concerned about how they appear to the general population. They have no credibility.

These "complex suicides" seem to be spreading. I thought they were mostly in Pattaya involving farangs. Now Hamburg Germany. It seems to me the people responsible for these investigations are corrupt, dumb, or both. They have to be concerned about how they appear to the general population. They have no credibility.

My bad -- I didn't read the full article before making my statement. He had no wife, no job, no friends or aquaintances, no contact with family, no furniture in his apartment, no motive, no other evidence (I'd guess the farang suicides in Pattaya are like this); so what the officials are saying is plausible.

How did he tie the cables with one hand while contorted inside this sack and probably not able to see what he was doing? There should have been blood, hair and brains all over the inside of the sack if he shot himself in it. Did they test for that?? This is crazy they think people believe their incompetence.

My bad -- I didn't read the full article before making my statement. He had no wife, no job, no friends or aquaintances, no contact with family, no furniture in his apartment, no motive, no other evidence (I'd guess the farang suicides in Pattaya are like this); so what the officials are saying is plausible.

So the only thing standing between myself and suicide from 2014 will be the acquisition of furniture ? Thanks for the wake-up call. ;)

I'd also venture that many of the 'suicides' in Pattaya were achieved with a little help from the aforementioned 'friends'. Who chooses a violent and very 'public' death when it can be quick, painless and private ? Everything you need is readily available in LOS - and cheap to boot. Splattering yourself all over the pavement makes no sense to me - a helium tank costs $25 here, peanuts in Thailand.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11562291

I'm told Nitrogen is good too, just sleep, then death - no last minute instinctual body reflexes trying to stop it happening - and if there's no tank or other physical evidence, the Nitrogen clears from the body relatively quickly...

Archived