The Philippines

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EDSA (Epifanio de los Santos Ave). A main thoroughfare in Manila. The bars are in the EDSA International entertainment complex(pussy mall), by the corner of F.B. Harrison. This area is under the jusistriction of Pasay City. The bars moved here from Ermita in Manila(only a couple of miles away) a few years ago after Mayor Lim closed down all the bars there.

• 4 weeks later...

The troops were in Zambaonga del Sur in the southernmost part of the island of Mindanao for the most part. You won't be going there for fun as it is a predominately Muslim area - which is not to say that fun can't be had, just that it isn't as open or extensive as Manila or Cebu.

Paul

The Old Sarge

Hi Artikew;

Just a reminder, in Asia laughing is a way to hide a person's embarassment.

You wrote: "There is a coarseness to the Filipinas I have been with..." Do you think your choice of girls might, just might mind you, have had something to do with that courseness?

As far as a "braying laugh" goes, I think that I have heard all kinds of laughs from all kinds of ladies. Some were loud, some were ladylike, and most were somewhere inbetween. You just had a bad experience (just like you could get in the Haight-Ashbury or Upper Columbus Avenue back in the 60's.)

Solution is to find the one lady whose laugh pleases you, then enjoy.

Paul

The Old Sarge

Archived