The Philippines

All--

UPS has just opened a new state-of-the-art US$300 Million hub that will be our new "Intra-Asia" hub for all volume that flows into, out of and within our Asia territory..

We are using the new civilian airport, Clark Airport (CRK). Having been there now for about one month (off and on) I can say that anywhere there will be a large % of western men, you'll find that PI-style bars will soon sprout up.

Not for from the airport there are already five or six places...

But, will all said and done. While the PI is a very good place for sanuk and sanuk-style fun, I'd have to say that (for me) Thailand still holds the #1 spot... Places like the PI come a very close 2nd, but Thailand has that special something.... maybe it's the people, the place, the hustle and bustle, or whatever, but for me it's #1. Period.

--UPSer

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

PS: If Thailand ever closes, THEN the PI will be my #1 with Brazil coming in as the new #2.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good rundown. I would give them a slight overall edge with girls, too (the ultimate YMMV category, I know). Much greater danger of falling in love, IMO, and even the BGs for me are more often worth repeats. It's definitely poorer and more of a hassle, though if you can get out to a place like Cagayan you can get lots of attention. Also less likely to find a BG with attitude, in my experience.

Many people will get the "yuks" on the more visible poverty and annoyances like the Manila taxis and not get very far past that, unfortunately

"some things I like about the PI:

I can relate to the people a lot more than to Thais, I can understand their culture and mentality much better

much nicer beaches

every stupid farang tourist comes to LOS, only weirdos make it to the PI

things I don't like:

hotels and airtickets more expensive

traveling a lot less easy than in LOS

real poverty, nothing like LOS"

The Philippines suck big time, nothing going for it and the women will treat you like shit. They are very domineering and they make the rules.

I can't really compare it to Thailand, I have no experience with Thai women. A bad experience with a filipina is enough to make you avoid all Asian women.

You know Taipan, the two years I went ('00 and '01 - I didn't go this year), I hit every bar in the Complex. There was talent in every bar.

But, strangely, both times I managed to take a lady out of the Fire House (Fire Station?). I loved watching 'em slide down the pole. haha

Really, there were some cuties in that bar, and, as I recall, the price was right.

Still, I much more prefer AC over Manila. Headin' back there again in December for 3 weeks this time.

Shame that you have had a bad experience with Filipina girls, but you can't colour them all black! Same as my good experiences with them doesn't mean they will all be good either. Life is full of experiences, go with the flow and enjoy them but above all, learn from the bad ones so that your next time will be good!

Taipan

>Fire House (Fire Station?)<

Thanks Sarisin, I know the bar you mean and have heard that the ladies are beautiful and most "accomodating" too! I'll be there in August for a week in between weekends in LOS so I'll be able to do a back to back BG comparison as it were! Roll on August 16th!

I have heard that Angeles City is the place to go, but unfortunately I'm going to be in PI on business and all of it will be in Manila!

Have fun on your holiday there, I'm sure that you will!!! laugh.gif

Taipan

No, it is in the EDSA complex. Maybe it was in Ermita and moved to EDSA when it was closed. Don't know on that one.

Never heard of Love Birds in EDSA, but I haven't been there in a year and a half.

Taipan, whistle Happy Birthday to me on the 16th when you leave.

Have a great trip and stay off the fire pole. smile.gif

Archived